Press Release about Jeff Pollard

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

9/30/03

Statement from Jeff Pollard, driver of the TSRS car #17, concerning the DQ of his carburetor in post-qualifying inspection on Sept. 27 at THR:

"We purchased a new carburetor for the 2003 Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) season and - prior to ever running a single lap of a TSRS race - we had it inspected to be absolutely positive that it complied with all TSRS rules. Subsequent to that initial inspection, the same carburetor was re-inspected on several occasions by TSRS tech officials, and it passed inspection every time. We learned Saturday night that it is difficult for any inspector to give his or her “complete blessing” on something as complicated as a carburetor. And, like racing itself, technical inspections are an evolving process. Even though we were disappointed that we failed inspection, we fully accept the decision of the TSRS technical staff and have no animosity towards any of the TSRS officials. We regret any mixed messages this situation may have sent, and the #17 team wants to assure TSRS fans, competitors and officials that our team goes to great lengths to ensure that our car is 100% legal at every TSRS race."

JP

I have been watching you compete for several years now and it is pretty obvious. You have one of the fastest cars out there. I beleive that mistakes happen there have several dq's this year for the same problem. I commend you on your statment. You are taking it like a true champion. Good luck for the next two races.

Archived