Just a "Yes" or "No"

Guest Justaracefan

Guest Justaracefan

I watched the NASCAR Race Sunday and I was just curious how the majority of this forum feel

As the leader of a race, is it ok to block a faster car to win the race?

Yes - Whatever it takes

No- that is Bull

Yes

It's called defending your position. As long as you aren't wrecking people or cutting them when they have the line.

Race, you don't lay down when someone has a run on you. I expect to work for every position I get on the track and I will have them work for position also, as long as I am competitive.

There, that is my "yes or no" answer.

Yes, as long as it's within reason. I didn't see anything too dirty this week, but when you wreck them to block them, that's wrong.

And now I know what everyone is saying, coworkers and I have argued for 2 days over this, "Earnhardt Jr. wrecked the 38"- NO, he didn't. He stopped about 3 feet before he got to the 38 and then the 38 made a move to wreck himself. He got scared, but Jr. stopped coming over before Sadler ever turned his steering wheel. He got scared and it happened. Hated to see him wreck and so good to know he is okay.

Not a DEI fan... calling it like I saw it.

Justafan,

To answer your question with just a yay or nay is impossible. There are so many different situations in racing that we could write a book and never cover all the possibilities. But, OK, since you insist on a one-word answer, mine is "maybe!" lol

Nick Holt

I personally feel that if your car is not fast enough to stay in front, you should not resort to blocking. If you take the option of making a clean pass away from a faster car, you should expect them to open their own bag of tricks. If you're blocking you had best not complain when you get the old bump and run.

Sry, i can't give you a YES or NO answer, b/c there is a fine line. In nascar there is give and take, one weekend your fast the other your not. The point is that if there is a car up to your rear tire you don't see any nascar boys come down or up on the other driver, even if it is for the lead. They block to an extent. So if they are behind you and you want the inside take it, but if they get up to your rear tire let them goooooooo.

Archived