Motorsports zone

NickHolt

THE MOTORSPORTS ZONE for Saturday, 2/22/03

Scheduled guests:

Wally Dallenbach, NASCAR commentator for NBC

Rick Crawford, driver of the #14 Circle Bar Racing Craftsman Truck and winner of last week’s Daytona Dodge Dealers 250

Mary Ann Naumann, founder of the Texas Super Racing Series

Also:

Daytona 500 review

Listen at 9:00 am (central time) on The Zone Sportsradio 1300AM in Austin, TX

Call in during the show at 512-390-LIVE

Audio streaming is up and running! Listen live on the web at: www.sportsradio1300.com

e-mail at: mzone1300@hotmail.com

The track in G-town story was on the NBC station in Austin on evrynews cast from like Wed-Friday. The only problem was that they kept calling it a nascar track. <_<

From what I understand, the eight locations for the Texas TracGroup tracks were to be:

Seguin, Columbus, Hillsboro, Fredericksburg, Longview, Madisonville, Vernon and Lubbock.

What was the deal with Georgetown?

Nick Holt

Well, If they think that they are going to build a track in Fredericksburg, they better thin again.

I will bet money that, that will NEVER happen.

I just moved from Fredericksburg where I lived for 6 and a half years.

That town does not like change.

That town does not like noise.

That town does not like places that serve alcohol or beer.

Kathy

wow, big john and jason both got on the show via e-mail. thought show was pretty good, need more than just an hour. need more people to call and e mail. bobby joe new called in, russ martin and a drag racer at san antonio raceway. pretty good show, check it out next week.

Big John

oh yea, there were several plugs for TSZ!!

Hey gang..just an update on the Texas TracGroup and their race-track sites. (1) Georgetown city people didn't want the track in their area, they went directly to the Austin media and made that known very clearly :huh: , thus Texas TracGroup withdrew consideration of the G-town area. (2) The first four sites are Hillsboro, Vernon, Sealy and Nacogdoches. There are several other communities that have expressed interest, and TTG is doing research on each one. Don't expect another announcement on new sites in the near future, although I can tell you there will be at least 2 more sites added and announced before TTG goes racing in early 2005. (3) There are 3 possible Central Texas area sites under consideration. TTG is based out of Austin and wants to put a track in this area.

Thanks to Jason and Big John for emailing The Motorsports Zone show today, and thanks to all (including Nic Holt) who listened! If you have a guest suggestion, or any feedback on the show, please email me at mzone1300@hotmail.com

Let's goooooooo racing!!!!!

Chuck L. :D

Thanks Chuck!

They should check out Three Rivers. Halfway between Corpus Christi and SA would be perfect :)

Ofcoarse I am not the one with the big pockets so i dunno

Keep up the great work Chuck

Jason

Archived