Watered out

Hey folks we got 13 inches of rain yesterday I went out to the track to see if I could pump it off and give it a try but I could tell right away we had no chance, more money lost do to rain, maybe some day we will get some special events in like Sprint Cars on the 22nd of September and not lose advertising dollars to mother nature.

We will seee everyone for Nickel Beer on July 14th.

So far RGS is still running. So if you boys up there still want to run come on down. The limiteds are going to be topless, dont know about the mods.

Wish I could, but $95 to get in just doesn't work for me economically.

I think we just had atleast another 6 inches of rain here near the track. Anyone up for jetski races?

They just closed the roads and gates at the base, we can't even leave. Glad I work on the 3rd floor, guess I'll keep my feet dry.

So far RGS is still running. So if you boys up there still want to run come on down. The limiteds are going to be topless, dont know about the mods.

Wish I could, but $95 to get in just doesn't work for me economically.

95 bucks to race at a local short track seems kind of high. Sounds like club racing to me. Looks like the racer pays to race. All the tracks I ever raced at you atleast got your entry fee back if you start the feature.

That isnt no lie can afford 100 bucks for gas their and back plus 95 to race the first time and only make 75 if I win. But wouldnt mind going and watchin. never been to the track.

We went down at the beginning of the year and saw some pretty good racing. Really good folks and appreciated the fact that we made the trip. The track is pretty similiar to ours but I think they tend to run it more on the dry slick side.

Hmm, I race up at South Texas speedway hauling a car hauler and I have a V8 Dodge, I spend about $50 on gas round trip.

But if you come down to race this weekend, they don't make you pay the season car registration fee. So it would be $25 for pit pass, $25 for car entry. 100% of the time I get my fees back in my winnings, even if I'm in last place sometimes. Gas getting and coming would be your pickle.

That isnt no lie can afford 100 bucks for gas their and back plus 95 to race the first time and only make 75 if I win. But wouldnt mind going and watchin. never been to the track.

probably so... but if something did happen... vehicle problems, etc... whether you are going to STS or RGS, would still have to pay to fix those problems. I drive 25 miles to RGS every other saturday.

But not for 75 to win thats along haul for 75 bucks and what if somethin goes wrong. Now if I had a mod or lim mod it would be different more money involved in pay out.

So far this year I have ran three races. Not counting the registration fees. I ran a TPS race at SA and paid $30 pit entry and a $50 race entry and won back $150 for 9th place. Then I raced at CCMS and paid $20 to race and won back $125. And at STS I paid $25 to race and won back $100. In these races I was paid based on my performance. In all these races I did well and I came back with at least double if not more than what I paid to enter the race. So as a racer I am an employee of the race track and at the end of the year I get a 1099. Then I get to pay taxes LOL! Anyway, I dont want to sound to much like G.B. here, bitching about money. But at $70 to enter and only $75 to win the thunder class, thats not very good. Thats 5 bucks, what the crap? They might as well wave some of the entry fee and not have a pay out, or only pay the top five or something so these guys can spend that money getting to the track insted of getting in the track. And the street stocks only pay $50 to win! Sounds strange to me anyway. Neon Will

Hmm, yep. when it all adds up it doesn't make anyone want to travel to pay more than you could win getting a 1st place finish... have to get that clarified.

As I see it, out of town cars should not have to pay the registration.. why are you going to register for racing down here once or twice.. STS doesn't do that.

Transponder rental should be optional or atleast on loan, and if you don't return it, you don't get your payout, or can't race there again until it's returned.

Just my opinion, but no matter how you slice it... paying $100 to race one night, where you can only win a total of $50 or less is rediculous.

Archived