Hobby stock wreck... this past weekend...

Did anyone else see that hobby stock wreck this past weekend the way I did? I was in the #96 blue camaro... I went flying into the air and came down pretty hard... no injuries though and glad everyone else came out fine.. but that was one for the books...

I've been reviewing the video again and again, and as high the backend of my car went up, no damage other than some sheetmetal rivets getting pulled out causing my left rear quarter panel to wave at the crowd...

Excellent response by the STS crew getting that all squared away and back to racing....

Kudos to Barry Major for taking his car all the way to the finish.... he had no roof, no side body panels, just a nose and a deck.... a lesser man would have rolled off into the pits...

Makes me want to come back and race again...

Guest Top Dog Graphix

I would also like to see the video if you can get it online somehow, let me know, from my view it looked like you were still on the gas until you got off my car (#93) was definitely a wild one, and i need a new body.

hey mod #96 I was Between the apex of 3 and 4, and the wreck. Man, from where I was at, it SOUNDED like you were wide open. I thought that your throttle might have hung after you hit. Glad you didn't shoot into the wall though, cause that looked like the way it was heading for a second.

Yep, I was wide open.. got on the throttle hard just before the middle of the turn.. then mayhem broke loose... by the time I even thought about letting off the throttle I was already in the air...

When I started rolling toward the wall/track entrance I let off and engine died... rough night.

hey mod #96 I was Between the apex of 3 and 4, and the wreck. Man, from where I was at, it SOUNDED like you were wide open. I thought that your throttle might have hung after you hit. Glad you didn't shoot into the wall though, cause that looked like the way it was heading for a second.

Archived