Rio Grande Speedway 7/7/07

Rio Grande Speedway presents the “Lucky 7’s” night of racing. July 7 we will be having a full night of racing, feature all classes and a spectacular fireworks show at intermission and a final feature with the Topless Limited Modifieds. This race will be held on 7/7//07, and we will have 7 classes in total racing. Each of our feature winners will pull a front gate ticket, and 7 lucky fans will win a gift pack valued at at least $70.

Make sure to mark you calendar and come to the Lucky 7’s race Saturday July 7th for a great night of racing, awesome fireworks display and for a chance to be one of the 7 lucky fans.

Can you tell us how much it costs to race one car?I heard it was 25$ for a pit pass,25$ for the car plus 20$ to rent a transponder.That cant be correct,70$ plus redgestration.Also how much does it pay to win Thunders with 14 cars?The web page does not cover all that.Please clarify.Thank you,G.B.Carter,driver of THUMPER

Can you tell us how much it costs to race one car?I heard it was 25$ for a pit pass,25$ for the car plus 20$ to rent a transponder.That cant be correct,70$ plus redgestration.Also how much does it pay to win Thunders with 14 cars?The web page does not cover all that.Please clarify.Thank you,G.B.Carter,driver of THUMPER

We went down earlier in the year GB and that sounds about right. It was $25 registration, $25 pit pass, and $20 for the transponder. Unless things have changed, I think that's what you can expect.

Well someone told me they added a 25$ charge for the car so they could raise the modified purse.That makes it 105$ the first time.I hope thats not true.It makes it cheaper to drive to Corpus to race.

I checked the website and it states the same thing. If the info isn't correct, someone should consider updating the website. Many of us out of town racers count on that info to be accurate.

The entry for one night, one car should be:

$25 pit pas

$25 car entry

$20 transponder rental

$25 registration (one time per season)

$75 minimum guaranteed to win

$25 to start

The win money will increase with higher car count (18+) to the best of my knowledge, but will be at least $75

Hotchassis that is indeed a genorious offer and I will relay that message.Its a shame that someone doesnt pick up sponsership with the entire class like Mike Carey did and at least sponser the gate fees for the entire class.RGS has a really great bunch of new and experienced teams running in this class now but the message the track is sending is "If you want success racing here,you must run open wheel cars".I see the disappointment in their faces when they are taken for granted.The happestest nite was last year when you had the mechanic races for all classes.The Thunder guys usually dont have money to bring mechanics so there were no entrys for them.When the Tomilosin (mispelled I know,sorry)family offered to put that portion of the mechanics money and trophys in the Thunder feature purse I saw a lot of very happy faces.It would take so little to make so many happy.If I were able to I would put money in this group because its the roots for future teams.I keep hoping someone like Driveline would see this and lead that fine bunch of racers but everyone is too involved in their own indeavors and thats understandable.I have been involved with minis for over 30 years and really enjoy helping these guys what little I can.They always have been the most misunderstood group always.Most really love their 4 cyl car.So thanks again,it does mean a lot.

Looks like Thumper is going to make this race afterall.He still has the asphalt set up including the leadand hard springs.Probably will not perform well but I need to test some things.Besides I want to see the fireworks.Might even watch a few races too.

Archived