SAS equipment

oatey220

I’m not trying to be nosey (well not too much) but I was wondering who owns the equipment at SAS? It would be nice to see that stuff put to use instead of just rotting in the South Texas sun. The stands and PA system surely can be used at a local dirt track or high school.

oatey220,

That is the question of the day, month, year, decade....

The cop out (easy) answer is that whoever owns the assets you mentioned, probably also owns the liabilities associated with those assets. Do you suppose the liabilities are greater than the assets? Who knows...

I'm not a lawyer, but I imagine there are some legal issues to be resolved before we get the "real" answer to your question.

Nick

You ask the lady who owns the land. Do you want the stuff that sits on the property? No?

Ok well we're gunna sell most of it. Do you want any of the money? work a deal out with her.

Tech Equipment/Trailer is all owned by the Dickerson's and USRA? Surely they could sell that off for some extra $$$.

Stands arent quite able to sell those.

Do we really want to get into all the minutia of who owns what and who should be selling their own property to make others happy. Unless someone has a claim against the track, the owner, the lessee, the lessor, the management or anybody else, what any of them own or what they plan to do with it is none of our business. If you have a claim then this isn't the place to address it. I know every one has a passion for the place and has an emotional ownership as a comminuity asset, but come on let's give the old girl a break and just let it all go.

Archived