Where'd They Go?

HoosierDaddy

What ever happened to Ralph Burris Jr.? A few years back he was always a front runner in Romco. He won the July 4th race at Thunder Hill in '99 as well as a race at SAS the same year. And also Charlie Holiday. The last time I remember him running was at the Romco season opener in 2001. He sat on the pole after the inversion and then Chrudimsky ended up winning. Never seen him race again that season after that. Just wandering if anybody knows what happened to those guys and if they are still racing anything.

This is the last I heard about Ralph Burris Jr up at the ROMCO TMS Road course show two years ago so It might have changed. :o The last I heard was that him and his partner in the paging business had a big split. :( Ralph went in and completely bought him out. But he sold everthing racing related. I think he sold one car to the Davidsons and he sold another to Hanson Motorsports for JC Umshied to drive. His rig was sold to Chrudimsky. Holiday was running with Southern All Stars the last time I saw his name on the net.

Ralph Burris Jr. entered the Space City 125 last year in a car that, unfortunately, wasn't very competitve. I see him at the race track pretty often usually helping someone. I wouldn't be surprised to see him driving an HMS late model this coming year.

Charlie Holiday had some major sponsor problems that sidelined their program. Last time I spoke with his Dad I think I remember him mentioning that Charlie was attending college.

JP

Does any body have any old Jason Oates pics. Maybe from 1990-1992. I was hoping to find a pic of the 92 car. That's the one that he painted green in the back and tied peanuts to the roll cage to get more luck. I found an old 5 Star racing shirt and my girlfreind wanted to see a pic of his cars but I didn't have one.

call down to affordable trailers and ask jason or cindy if they have one, im sure they do. Although i dont know why anyone would want a pic of that car, that green really made it ugly lol. I saw Ralph Burris Jr. at the big shot helping with the 19 car. he also was in san antonio one night in a nascar late model, didnt start the race, but he was there. Think he was sponsored by truck nation or something like that

Big John

Archived