The scope after 20 minutes of bla bla bla

Here is an example to save the track. Everyone and then some has to do their part and suck it up!

Close the track and start preparation say in 3 weeks time the track will be race ready for a track benefit race!

Give drivers a chance to get ready for this one race in particular. Have all drivers give $100 at the gate and that is their entry fee for the night. Regular prices everywhere else, pits and general. Have all employees volunteer if they are not already volunteering. Here is the catch. NOBODY gets paid for the night. Thats sounds stupid at first but think about it. On average it may costs around $175 to $200 for the average team to race that night with all expenses. I know the traveling drivers it will be more but hear me out. If 100 or more cars show up to save the track for going belly up then that is $10,000 just in entry fees. Not counting pit passes for the crews, general admission nor concessions. The track should be able to bank roll well over $15,000 total. This money would easily allow the track to stay open the rest of the year and then some with some minor changes. The minor changes would be start paying the classes based on car count. Paying a full purse with 5 mods last week was rediculous! Nice but very dumb business decision! Reason why you do this is so the track can limit its bad weeks that maybe around the corner due to threatening weather or something else. Have teams bring giveaways to pass out during intermission and I mean good giveaways too! A reason to have the grand stands packed! Which by the way a packed grandstands means even more the $15,000 income. Better Yet! Find sponsors for trophies for the night and I mean top 5 in each class. No cost to the track. I would be happy to sponsor the street stock top 5 cars trophies. There are alot of companies that provide a service that cant turn a profit however they stay in business because it is managed. T.V. stations, cable companies do this all the time so you can see your favorite shows. I am not saying have a telethon but this benifit race is basically the same thing! If the track sees the next week without the owner taking the money and running then charge an extra $5 to each driver to help pay for a dependable water truck each week until you have one ready. The bottom line if a driver that wants I37 to survive then you have no bitch at all putting up the little amount of money to pull this off. I would be happy to be first in line with my $100 to donate. I am pissed off at that chicken _____ drivers meeting. Not that it wasted our time but the owners had no plans to present to us, nothing. Well here is the best option so far. Put your name on it and lets get it done. Of course to do this you must have the guts to try and take the first step this means you TRACK OWNER. DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO SUCCEED AND MAKE THIS WORK. I dont want to hear any BS excuses just get it done for everyone and all of you drivers need to again belly up, suck it up, what ever you want to call it but put forth a big effort not just simply bringing your car. Bring everyone. Maybe this needs to be done each year just to keep it open I dont know but somebody show some guts dont just role over with your legs in the air! Good Luck I am ready to race damnit!

Racer and promoters each have obligations to make a track work.

The racer's obligations are:

***To bring the race car to the track on time and fit to race.

***To practice good sportsmanship. No fighting, if taken out by another racer to give the other racer the benefit of the doubt, if you accidentally takes someone else out to own up and apologize.

***To show respect for fans, other drivers and crew and officials at all times. (That last part about the officials could be a real challenge in certain cases LOL)

***To pay for pit passes and all the other major expense of maintaining a race car.

The promoter/owner's obligations are to maintain and promote the track.

The racer has NO obligation to make a futile attempt to subsidize and shore up a track that is not maintained or promoted and whose current owners have an attitude towards the drivers that ranges between indifference and outright hostility.

A benefit for I-37 under current ownership would be throwing money down the toilet. It's not like a hurricane or other act of God caused the problems. How long has I-37 been in existence? Before I would throw money down the toilet I'll spend it on my race car and take the car to Killeen.

You folks further south have Edna and CC where track management assumes responsibility for their end of the bargain.

Don in Austin

Like everyone seems to agree, these are good ideas on paper, but making them happen is another issue. For guys and gals who really want to race, the $100 is probably not a big deal and the additional $5 is still probably not an issue in the later weeks, however, if there is no guarantee that the track will stay open, isn't it alot to ask for the drivers to do this. Management/Owners have yet to step up. One of our crew members was at the meeting and offered to fix the water truck, and knowing this individual, he would not do a crappy job. The water truck would be the least of concerns for the track, unless something else goes terminal with it.

As far as giveaways, we have been doing it from day one and the kids love it. They are the ones who bug mom and dad about the races. That is how you keep getting people in the stands. It is a great idea but keep in mind also, that is an additional expense for the teams. We don't mind doing it but once again, it seems like the drivers are the only ones making an effort for the track to stay open.

I don't think it it too much for someone else (owners) to step up before asking the drivers to step up. :unsure:

Like everyone seems to agree, these are good ideas on paper, but making them happen is another issue. For guys and gals who really want to race, the $100 is probably not a big deal and the additional $5 is still probably not an issue in the later weeks, however, if there is no guarantee that the track will stay open, isn't it alot to ask for the drivers to do this. Management/Owners have yet to step up. One of our crew members was at the meeting and offered to fix the water truck, and knowing this individual, he would not do a crappy job.

Fair enough...will the track promoter come to your shop and help you fix your car?

The water truck would be the least of concerns for the track, unless something else goes terminal with it.

Their attitude is terminal.

As far as giveaways, we have been doing it from day one and the kids love it. They are the ones who bug mom and dad about the races. That is how you keep getting people in the stands.

Also by planning ahead and starting the show on time. Every time the show starts late there are more fans that won't return.

It is a great idea but keep in mind also, that is an additional expense for the teams. We don't mind doing it but once again, it seems like the drivers are the only ones making an effort for the track to stay open.

You noticed that? It's obvious you are going far beyond the call of duty.

I don't think it it too much for someone else (owners) to step up before asking the drivers to step up. :unsure:

We can only hope for new owners.

Don in Austin

SAN ANTONIO is going to be the known as the place that you cannot go fast and turn LEFT. I sure hope that all the problems can be fixed (if they really wanted it fixed them) I am a SAS RR REFUGEE my plans are to play in the dirt in the middle of JULY( 81 WOOKIE)

This were my plans as well wookie... :( Not sure what rules to finish my car as now. I guess Corpus and THR are all thats left....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived