Drivers Meeting

SassyCassie14

At Nells Request,

There will be a drivers meeting this friday (tomorrow) at 7:30 pm at the track.

Only a drivers meeting. Thats it. NO RACING.

I do not know what is going to be said. I know nothing right now. We'll find out tomorrow.

I agree, it is a long drive for some. Personally, it is a 70 mile one-way trip. That is alot to ask for drivers to make a trip only for a driver's meeting, that may not even be productive. We know that because of the events of this past weekend and the many outraged feelings still stirring, it may be more lucrative to make a post.

I hate to put Cassie in the middle, but with your willingness to help the drivers, is it possible to ask the management to step up with some ideas about this meeting or, in the alternative, consider an earlier driver's meeting @ the next race on the 29th?

**Just a note about making a post instead of the meeting--the drivers, crews, families, fans, etc. are definitely watching this forum. To know that certain subjects have had over 1400 views says alot. It really seems like posting the concerns (which would probably be voiced at the driver's meeting) would definitely be more beneficial to the drivers and alot less costly.

I hope that whoever is in charge is paying attention. It doesn't take much to see that the pot is still being stirred and there are a lot of negative feelings. Can't some part of the management step up and handle what these drivers are asking for-just an idea about tomorrow?

I hope they are looking ahead and preparing for a stirred up crowd!! :unsure:

Along drive for a meeting to here BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, post the concerns on here and there are many drivers from this that can deterine if a drivers meeting is needed, I dont want to drive 69 miles to here we need to hear respect Bennie and his decisions and thats the way its going to be, Nell, please let us know tonight what going on, I know you get on here, this is about San Antonios last hope right now for racing dirt, lets not destroy it and work together to make this work.

Bottom line is I can go practice at Thunder Hill to possibly race there or suport 37 with a little more info, dont want to drive all that way for smoke blown up my ..... or I can get valuble information at the meeting.

I won't be there. It's about 125 miles one way for me. Worth driving that far to race IF the track is prepared and IF the races start on time with the track properly packed and IF they don't run so late that I get home after 2:00 AM. I'll call ahead next Friday to see how things are going before I leave Austin. If they haven't even started on the track with a running water truck at 4:00 I think I'll pass. If they have contracted the Fire Department to put plenty of water on the track that would work. We wouldn't have raced at all without their help last week.

Anybody wanting to trade thoughts with me can post or e-mail.

I support my local dirt track. I support it by bringing my car to the track on time, safe and ready to race. I support my local dirt track by being spending my retirement on my race car. I support my local dirt track by practicing good sportsmanship on the track and being friendly and respectful to other drivers and fans. i support my local dirt track by paying for pit passes for myself and crew. That's the racer's part of the bargain. I don't expect track promoters or owners to do any of this for me. For all that the racer invests -- as described above -- the race should be able to take for granted a well-managed venue.

Don in Austin

I support my local dirt track. I support it by bringing my car to the track on time, safe and ready to race. I support my local dirt track by being spending my retirement on my race car. I support my local dirt track by practicing good sportsmanship on the track and being friendly and respectful to other drivers and fans. i support my local dirt track by paying for pit passes for myself and crew. That's the racer's part of the bargain. I don't expect track promoters or owners to do any of this for me. For all that the racer invests -- as described above -- the race should be able to take for granted a well-managed venue.

Don in Austin

I don't think it could be stated any better than that!

Don, it sounds like you have been to racers anounomouse???,lol,lol,lol,

Actually I think I need to proofread a little better when posting late at night!

I haven't been to Racer's Anonymous -- that's why I still let racing eat my weekends and divert money from retirement savings!

Better than drugs or drinking though which is what racing replaced.

Everybody needs a vice. :):):)

Don in Austin

Don in Austin

Well said. That's how alot of us feel. That's why we hope the track people will listen and if they are truly wanting to keep the track operating listen to the input that people have and make it happen. We know they need to make money to have for the overhead but they also need the racers and fans to do that. Alot of the drivers have some great input that would help. The track people can't have personal feelings effect how they run things. I know there are alot of people out there willing to help everyone at the track make this work. All they need to do is let us know what help they need. But I haven't seen anyone from the track speaking up and I know someone from the track in getting on here and could let everyone know how they feel.

A drivers meeting is great but what about input from others that are on the forum interested in helping out. It would be nice for someone from the track to post some of the concerns and get feedback from others out here.

Archived