What I learned last week

Truck38

This week I got the privilege to take my race truck up to Lake Tomahawk Baptist Encampment just outside Livingston to a boys camp that had a race theme. My dad, a friend and I got to be speakers because of the work we do at Texas Motorspeedway and my dad's work at THR.

From the days when I watched my dad race in Amarillo & Altus, to all those Indy 500 races I watched on TV I've always wanted to drive. When I graduated from college I started praying asking God to either get me into racing or take away the desire to race. 3 years later I called a guy who was selling a race truck and I got my answer clearly when I paid $2500 for my truck race ready. I put a battery in it and went racing! (And some people wished I wouldn't have done that ;) )

As a team we wanted to compete on the track and win races. Off the track we wanted to serve other racers and people at the track. I desperately want to win! And I think we've finally figured out how to setup a car and I've finally learned how to drive. I think I'm closer to winning than ever before. Of course Green, Roper, Lehman and a few others aren't there but hey I'm not complaining. :)

The only problem is I haven't done anything for anyone. Especially my fellow drivers except for tear up some of their stuff. (sorry) Racing is all I want to do I hate going to work now, but people are suffering. Dying of cancer, starving, losing their homes to bankers, and that is what I was reminded of last week. I wanted to be accepted and I wanted people to think I was a good driver. I didn't want people to think I was a Morgan Shepard, "Racing for Jesus" but just "racing" in the back. It shouldn't matter if I'm the slowest or the fastest... racing is not forever but Eternity is.

SO if anyone including all the people who aren't drivers need anything. Please call me (512) 922-7416 or e-mail or PM me. I will be happy to help you or pray for you. If you would like to speak to my dad I will be happy to put you in touch with him. I serve a mighty God.

Cameron Moore Jr.

#38 defunct USRA Truck Driver

Cameron Moore Sr.

THR Chaplain

Archived