Articles in Victoria Advocate

texana55

Nice article about Lauren Chamberlain (my daughter) on the front page of the sports secton in the Victoria Advocate today (6/14/07).

Here's a link also to the web version. Not sure how long the web version stays up:

http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/195/story/72933.html

Also on Page 2 of the sports section is a recap of the nights races. Not sure if it is online or not.

MONTE,i know how you feel about kids and the respect you show them.its a two way street.you made my son ALLEN feel really good last year.he still remembers how good it made him feel.your daughter deserves good thruout.now soak it in happy poppa!frank t

Thank you Frank. I often think of you and your sons, David Umscheid and his sons, and other families that enjoy racing together, when I'm working with Lauren. Really looking forward to the adventures ahead.

I was so impressed with Allen last year when I met him and had the privilege of competing with him in the July race. I already knew Johnny, but to learn how young Allen was and seeing his driving talent along with his respectfulness as a young man when I met him in person was something really impressive. You know how it is, once in a while you meet someone that you're really impressed with for one reason or another. When I met Allen and saw him drive it was one of those situations. Great boys. You did a good job!

Thanks guys. We are definitely very proud of her. She's a good kid with a good value system and doing a good job in school. I was really pleased she showed such an interest in this sport.

cb - Is Kevin running anywhere this year?

He is running the "crate" deal when work allows.

Archived