bill france jr

thrss1

That's sad. The last time NASCAR racing was any good to watch was when he ran the show. What channel is the race on, btw, I have my TV set to FOX but all I'm getting is these stupid court shows. Just want to know how my buddy Jeff Gordon's doing.

This is a news release from ESPN

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For Immediate Release - June 4, 2007

ESPN Classic Remembers: Bill France Jr. Tonight at 8:00 p.m., ET

ESPN Classic will honor Bill France Jr. tonight with special programming tonight at 8 p.m.,ET with ESPN Classic Remembers: Bill France Jr..

France, who transformed NASCAR from a small Southern sport into a billion-dollar conglomerate during his 31 years as chairman, died Monday. NASCAR Now host Eric Kuselias will host the 30 minute live show that will focus on France and his legacy. France will also be the subject of a 60 Minutes on Classic at 8:30 p.m., ET

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Press release from Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FORT WORTH, Texas (June 4, 2007) – Statement from Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage regarding today’s passing of NASCAR’s Bill France Jr.:

“It is very sad news to hear today of the passing of Bill France Jr. During his time as head of NASCAR, the sport grew from a small, regional series into one that is a peer to Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association and others. We express our sympathies to the entire France family over this loss.”

Archived