SAS/FASCAR Racing Calendar

tazmachine69

I am currently working on a 2003 calendar for FASCAR. We are hoping to get the calendars out at the beginning of the racing season at San Antonio Speedway. The calendars will be 12 months and start at the beginning of our racing season and end before the start of our racing season (March to February).

We would like to showcase a driver each month. We would need a picture of their car and a head shot picture. Drivers we would like to showcase are the Track Champions in each class, Rookies of the Year in each class, Sportsman in each class, Most Improved Driver in each class, FASCAR Driver of the Year, Overall Sportsman and we would also like to include the Mechanic of the Year as well as the Joanne Peters spirit of racing award winner. For the showcase, we would like to include crew, sponsor, accomplishments, etc. a large car picture and their head shot (or a picture of them with their car if available)

We would like the calendar to become an annual fundraiser for the drivers points fund. Each year the calendar will consist of award winners. We would also like to include ALL drivers car pictures on a centerfold collage with a space for autographs on the back.

We are working on advertisement pages, we already have a few people interested in advertising. We are working out the cost of advertising. If you know of a business who would like their business car or ad in the calender please have them contact me.

The members of FASCAR are looking forward to having a great year at San Antonio Speedway and are constantly thinking of new ideas to rasie funds for the drivers points fund and driver incentives.

For those of you who was presented with one of the awards listed above if you want to be included in the calendar, please email and I will send you the information. I will be attempting to contact all these drivers individually but I only have phone numbers for those who are FASCAR members. If ya'll could help out with this project and contact some of these drivers you know and give them my contact information, I would appreciate it. They can email me at jean@nesserracing.com for more information.

Also, comments on this project are welcome. Please let me know what you think about the SAS/FASCAR Racing Calendars idea. If you have any ideas of your own on how to make it even better just drop me a note.

FASCAR would like to extend their appreciation to Mike Sepich and San Antonio Speedway for allowing us to complete this project. We would also like to thank Pete Peters, Track Photographer for allowing us to use his photos. We would also like to thank everyone at San Antonio Speedway for thier support of FASCAR and the Drivers Point Fund.

Jean Nesser

FASCAR Corresponding Secretary/Historian

Archived