Prayer & National Anthum

Paw

:angry: I have a little "Bone" to pick QWEN.. Sterting very soon ( I HOPE ) you will instruct the infield people to stop and pause as the Prayer & National Anthum is being receited. To me it shows disrespect to God & Country when these people are milling around and the tractor driver is out pushing the tires around. That's not that important. That can be done before or after this time. Everyone is supposed to stop and face the flag, like the people in the stands. Just about the only people that still show respect for God & Country are the race fans. If you work for the track and in view of the fans you should do as the fans do. remove your hats - bow your head then stand at attention hand over heart face the flag for the anthum. You know "They" are trying to take this country down anyway they can, at least we can show some respect for something. they can't take it if we don;t let them. God bless our troops and anyone else that is on the front line for our liberties..

Take it as you see it.................

PAW

I apologize from me and my staff to everyone we have offended with this incident.

You know I have been trying hard to make this place function well and all you ever see on this website is how terrible things are, you never see a good comment no one ever points out a single good thing about STS only the negatives pretty hard to spend every dollar to your name everyday and everyday something else is terrible at STS. I wondered why this track never stayed open very long I am beginning to understand.

This type of behavior will not happen again, I am sorry to disappoint once again.

Owen.

I apologize from me and my staff to everyone we have offended with this incident.

You know I have been trying hard to make this place function well and all you ever see on this website is how terrible things are, you never see a good comment no one ever points out a single good thing about STS only the negatives pretty hard to spend every dollar to your name everyday and everyday something else is terrible at STS. I wondered why this track never stayed open very long I am beginning to understand.

This type of behavior will not happen again, I am sorry to disappoint once again.

Owen.

THANK YOU OWEN AND STS CREW. for the hard work that you do each week so that we may be GRATEFUL that we have a track here to race and that we DO NOT have to drive hours each direction and SPEND a pocket full of cash on gas just to get there and back.Again THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO.

just to be clear i am not saying that the flag and the prayer do not require or deserve our respect. But i know that Owen and the crew have many things that have to be done before each race and they try very hard to get the show started so that everyone can be home at a decent hour

SOUTH TEXAS SPEEDWAY!

THE PLACE TO BE ON SATURDAY NIGHTS.

RACING IS FUN, AND TIME TO SPEND TIME WITH FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND FANS....

THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO... IT TAKES ALOT OF HARD WORK AND DEICATION TO OPEN AND RUN THE TRACK... WE ARE VERY GRATFUL TO HAVE A TRACK SO CLOSE TO HOME.

THANK YOU AGAIN, OWEN, AND STAFF.. :) GO FAST, TURN LEFT(DON'T CRASH)

i belive in the pauseing durring the prayer time and the national anthem but there is alot of work thats needs to be done before we have fun. like the old saying goes "work before fun". STS crew and Owen, keep up the GREAT work . the only two disappointments i see are the lack of postive posts toward Owen and the track and not haveing a track to race at. one can only take so much negative feed back before giving up and throwing in the towl.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

AND ALL OF MY FELLOW SOLIDERS

go fast, turn left, lets go racin

I am proud to say that I am married to a veteran and come from a family of veterans. It doesn't seem like it is to much to ask that the track staff as well as the fans, crews, drivers and pit area take a few moments to remember WHY we are free to race. These few moments don't take away from the awesome job that Owen and the STS staff do to keep things running smoothly. I think ya'll do a great job and appreciate the consideration to correct this issue.

Owen thank you for what you do for racing in South Texas.Lets don't for get what the men & women in the service have sacrificed so that we can enjoy the freedom we have today. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AMERICA! Again thanks Owen.

PAW;every time i go to STS there is a drvers meeting.before it there is a prayer.WHY?,because OWEN has it that way.i am proud of what our vets and those who protect us do.so is OWEN.it has been brought up in nearly all pre race meetings i have gone to at STS.how can he get the blame for what some have done.maybe they did not hear th P.A. system and kept working away to put on a good show. i was in the stands a couple of weeks back and some folks did not stand up.WAS THIS YOUR FAULT?.i am sure it was not.but if its OWENS fault about the infied,then maybe its yours about the stands...and OWEN,i had a flat coming home after leaving your races two weeks ago.WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME I WOULD HAVE THAT FLAT!....lol,great day.frank t

I have as most been around racing a long long time, in the past ALL motors in the pits were off and EVERYONE was to stand and REMOVE there hats in honor of the flag, and as far as prayer, you believe you bow your head if you dont stand there and respect others who do, as for Owen, it has been brought to his attention and yes ALL should be silent and at attention for respect to our country, thats about all we have to live for now days in the world we live in, so hats off to Owen and crew for a job well done but a couple of minutes of respect wont delay the show for hours.

[sTS AND CREW ARE DOING A GREAT JOB SECOND MOST THE TIME WE CAN NOT HEAR IT SO WE CAN NOT STOP AS A DRIVER I DO STOP WHEN I HERE IT EVEN IF I CANT HEAR THE WORDS I KNOW THEM AND IM SURE IF THEY HEARD IT THEY WOULD STOP I KNOW THAT STS CREW IS VERY PROUD OF COUNTRY AND GOD SO KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ITS HARD TO KEEP A TRACK OPEN THESE DAYS AND I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A MOMENT FOR OWEN AND CREW GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND THE USA :)

owen and the crew kick ass at the track .... cut them some slack guys......probly just an honest mistake and didnt mean to offend anyone...oh and if your in the stands like i am sometimes and u see some of the asses that dont remove there hats slap them in the back of the head.... thats all i got to say about that...

Archived