little things

thumper

Just thought I would share this tidbit.Thumper has had a little problem develop since about the middle of last year and last week it became a big problem.At a certain RPM,about 6800 it quit running like it was flooding.I kept changing the carb and it was different but still not right.I installed a pressure regulator set a 3 psi and it was almost cured,95%.I thought the fuel pump broke something to make it build excessive pressure at hi RPM.Last nite I installed a new pump but it would not prime.I reinstalled the old pump and it wouldnt prime.I raised the back of the car to gravity feed the pump and a gas leak appeared.There was a tiny cut in the suction hose right at the pump.This would allow air in the suction side.What I dont understand is how ait in the fuel supply can cause a carb to flood at hi RPM.It was flooding,I watched it pour gas in the carb in the pits.How can a pressure regulator help this problem?It seems backward to me.My brother reminded me my Chev modified would flood excessively when it started to run empty in the fuel tank.

Since there is no racing this weekend at CC Speedway this is a good time for people to go over their cars to fing stupid things like this.It drives you crazy to to find this stuff at the track.I know Thumper does not like to be beat by a green horses butt wagging its tail in his face and wants another chance at him.I dont think this problem caused him to loose but theres nothing like a wake up call to get the lazy out of you.

PAPPY - Rematch:June 2 at 8 PM.CC Speedway.

Its really raining here now.

Archived