Colt James has Bad Luck at Hawkeye Downs

Colt James has Bad Luck at Hawkeye Downs-

Looking Ahead to Iowa Speedway

(For Immediate Release)

Buda, TX (May 15, 2007)- The true test of a champion is not how they handle the good times but how they come back from adversity. Until the Barron Motor Supply/Crate Motor Classic 200 Presented by Cassill Motors last Saturday night, the 2007 season was off to a great start for Colt James. He was leading the point’s standings, brought consistently fast cars to the track, and had been on the right side of the luck factor too. But last Saturday night is a race Colt would like to forget. “We qualified really bad and that buried us in a big hole,” said Colt James. “The car was actually running great in the race but I got around one of the local guys. I gave him half of the race track but he wanted more.” Colt drops out of the top spot in the standings for the first time all season and is headed to Iowa Speedway this weekend to bounce back. “We got behind the eight ball here but that is going to happen with our little family team. We head to Iowa Speedway and know we can get things turned around and gain on these guys again.” Next up for the cars and stars of the ASA Late Model Series is the Make-a-Wish 150 Presented by TMC Transportation and Northland Oil. The race will be presented in a unique three-part format of fifty laps each and will take the green flag at 7:30 pm Saturday night at Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa.

Colt James Thanks his Sponsors

Colt James Racing is proud to add Dickerson Machinery as a sponsor this season. “I want to thank Terry Dickerson for helping us out. Our sponsors are keeping us going and we couldn’t do this without them,” said Colt James. Dickerson Machinery joins Colt’s other sponsors that include Magnum Trailers, Wells Cargo, Design Welding, and RaceTalkRadio.com. Also coming onboard to help out is Aero Speed Wheels and Day Motorsports.

http://www.daymotorsports.com/

Meet Colt James

Despite missing the first two races in the ASA Late Model Southern Division last season, this twenty-three year old from Buda, Texas finished seventh in the point’s standings with one win in the Kenly 100 at Southern National Raceway Park. Colt won the 2007 season opener in the Challenge Division at San Antonio. His family oriented race team is allowing Colt James to chase his racing dreams. Colt has his sights set on the Challenge Division championship this season! When he is not driving in races, Colt James is working on engines at the famed Roush-Yates Engine Department. After four weeks of the 2007 season Colt has one win and is fourth in the Championship point’s standings.

Tale of the Tape

Car No. 015-ASA Late Model Challenge Division

Driver: Colt James

Born: 4/27/1983

Hometown: Buda, Texas

Wife: Elisha

Car Owners: Terry and Cheryl James

Sponsors: Magnum Trailers, Dickerson Machinery, Wells Cargo, Design Welding, and RaceTalkRadio.com

Contact me today for information on advertising opportunities this season with Colt James Racing and join us in Victory Lane this season! For more information or interview requests with this talented youngster please contact me today.

PR Contact

Dennis Michelsen

Cell Phone: (847) 421-7571 E-mail: dennis@stockcarpitpass.com