Bradley Riethmeyer on News8Austin

tqj3

Kevin-

It probably won't run that long. A lot of it depends on high school football and major league (?) baseball...

But it should run at least four or five times. I know it has run at 20-plus after seven and at 20-plus after nine, and assume it made the eight o'clock hour as well.

I hope Keith and them got to see it, they'd have to watch somewhere in Austin. I tried to call them to tell them when it was running, but didn't get an answer at home or the shop.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF NEWS 8 AUSTIN WILL BE IN KYLE. SHOULD BE SOMETHING TO WATCH, DONT YOU THINK. GOOD LUCK BRADLEY. AND WOULD LIKE TO PUT MY TWO CENTS IN ON LAST WEEK. ITHOUGHT THAT DOUG AND BRADLEY SHOWED HOW RACING IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE, GIVE AND TAKE. GOOD JOB GUYS!

Partly right, Beav.

Thad shot the Big Shot last year, and we used some of that footage on News8 on Friday before the race and some different footage from that same tape a few weeks ago for the feature on Thunder Hill that aired on KXAN Channel 36 in Austin.

A few weeks ago, Thunder Hill and Jon Garrett got together to get Thad to shoot the ARTS race and the Thunder Hill classes, and we've used some of that footage as well, with a short interview with Robert Walton.

Last weekend, we did the same deal, with ARTS, ROMCO and Houston Speedway splitting the cost. Robert Mullins let us use the Riethmeyer footage for News8 this week.

The costs are split among the tracks and series, and News8 isn't being charged for what we use (the footage is available to all the stations) because they probably wouldn't pay for it; we're not that important (yet).

Thad is a pro, so with his help, we're able to provide the stations with good video, which makes it more likely they will use it.

You can't get TV coverage without pictures; now, with Thad's help, we have pictures. Onward and upward: more TV features are in the works.

Archived