Texas Super Coupes results, Hot Rod Hill in Bryan

TEXAS SUPER COUPES RESULTS FROM HOTROD HILL in Bryan, 09/13/03

The Texas Super Coupes made their first appearance at Hot Rod Hill in Bryan, Texas last Saturday night, the only thing I can think of saying is “WOW” what a track and our hats off the track staff for putting on a great show. The Coupes were thrilled to put on a show in front of the 100’s of spectators that packed the stands.

“Fly N Brian” Shaw #2 sure lived up to his name this week winning both his heat race and the Main Event. In heat race #1 the new and very proud Daddy Quentin Henderson brought home first place to his new son Logan. Quentin & Dana Henderson became the proud parent to Logan Montgomery on September 5, 2003. Logan (44 three) was also welcomed home by big sister Julia and Grandparents Bob (#44too) and Linda Henderson. The finishing order for heat #1 was: 1st Quentin Henderson #44 second place went to Patrick Kelly #84, 3rd went to Grandpa Henderson #44too and George Bumpers hung on for 4th.

Heat Race # 2 was won by Fly N Brian Shaw #2, 2nd place went to Jerry Dechert # 3 and Herb Shaw #1 taking 3rd and Robert Burge #4 in 4th.

As the green flag dropped for the Main Event the Fire Works lit up the sky and the Coupes put on a great show. The father and son team of Brian Shaw #2 and Herb Shaw #1 rubbed paint for several laps in a battle for first with Brian coming out ahead and he stayed there taking the checked flag. Not so close was Dad Herb Shaw #1 in 2nd , 3rd place was Quentin Henderson #44, 4th place to George Bumpers #9, 5th place was Jerry Dechert #3, in 6th place was #84 Patrick Kelly, 7th place was Bob Henderson #44too, 8th place went to Jim Kennett # 0 and in 9th place was Robert Burge #4.

The Texas Super Coupe Association would like the Thank everyone at Hot Rod Hill and we look forward to retuning in the future. The last points race of the year will be at I 37 Speedway on September 26th hope to see ya there. Don’t forget to check out our Website at www.texassupercoupes.com

Michelle Kelly

TEXAS SUPER COUPES RESULTS FROM HOTROD HILL, 09/13/03

HEAT # 1

1ST Quentin Henderson #44

2nd Patrick Kelly #84

3rd Bob Henderson #44too

4th George Bumpers #9

HEAT RACE # 2

1st Brian Shaw #2

2nd Jerry Dechert #3

3rd Herb Shaw #1

4th Robert Burge #4

MAIN EVENT

1st Brian Shaw #2

2nd Herb Shaw #1

3rd Quentin Henderson #44

4th George Bumpers #9

5th Jerry Dechert #3

6th Patrick Kelly #84

7th Bob Henderson #44too

8th Jim Kennett #0

9th Robert Burge #4

TEXAS SUPER COUPES POINTS STANDING AS OF 09/13/03

1. (84) Patrick Kelly, 335

2. (1) Herb Shaw, 326

3. (9) George Bumpers 301

4. (2) Brian Shaw, 290

5. (44) Quentin Henderson, 257

6. (3) Jerry Dechart, 241

7. (93) DeWayne Bumpers, 186

8. (44too) Bob Henderson, 219

9. (0) Jim Kennett, 95

10. (4) Robert Burge 34

(Note from Nick Holt: I am publishing these points in the order they were presented to me. I realize that the 7th and 8th spots should be reversed.)

Archived