Texas Thunder Speedway to throw down the gauntlet

Texas Thunder Speedway to throw down the gauntlet on May 5, 2007!

Photo Cut Line: "Psyco Dawg", a full size school is straining at his leash for the chance to defeat four demolition derby cars in the first ever Texas Thunder Speedway "Gauntlet Race".

For immediate release

Contact Pat Wilson 254-290-6262

pwilson1@hot.rr.com

http://www.texasthunder.com

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Killeen, Tx

Texas Thunder Speedway track promoter Pat Wilson may be crazy. But it sure is fun to see what he will pull out of his sleeve next. This week's wacky addition to the racing program is the "Gauntlet Race".

A full size school bus, nicked named, and painted as, "Psyco Dawg" will go toe to paw with four demolition derby cars in a five lap race. If Psyco Dawg makes five complete circuits of the track, then Pat Wilson doesn't have to pay anyone. If the four demolition cars stop the bus from completing five laps, then the demo cars get $500.

Plus, just to make things even more exciting, the track is going to be littered with a bone yard, various obstacles placed on the track to hinder, or help, "Psyco Dawg"

Wilson, the long time promoter of Texas Thunder Speedway, is itching for this race. "It's going to wacky and wild", Wilson said. When asked if four cars can stop a bus from completing five laps? "I sure hope not", he said, "I don't want to lose 500 bones"!

The National Banks of Texas are sponsoring the rest of the action this week, as all six of the regular classes will race before the "Gauntlet Race.

Gates open at 6:00 PM and racing starts at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $10 for Adults, $3 for kids 6-12 and kids under 6 are free. Season passes are available as well.

Fans now have the ability to purchase their tickets online with a credit card. Just go to the Texas Thunder Speedway web site, and click on the “Buy and Print Tickets” button. Your credit card can be used to buy your tickets at the ticket booth as well. Also you can use your Visa or Master Card in the tracks souvenir and concession stands.

For all track information, weather, directions, and to purchase your tickets, go to http://www.texasthunder.com.

Texas Thunder Speedway is a 1/4 mile semi-banked oval dirt track. Races Every Saturday Night March through September! With Six SUPER EXCITING classes of cars to entertain the entire family.

Featured classes include; Dodge Country IMCA Modifieds, Corbin & Associates, Attys I. M. C. A. Stock Cars, Danny's Transmissions I. M. C. A. SportMods, Cloe Bay Honda Street Stocks, Cottman Transmissions Teen Mini Stocks, & Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters. Special Events designed especially for the kids as well as Powder Puff Races, and our all time crowd pleaser, the Demolition Derby.

Come join the fun, at Texas Thunder Speedway! We will sell you the whole seat, but you will only need the edge!

gauntlet_bus_pic_small.jpg

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway PR/Media

Archived