Can we get some answers during this rainout

I fell like a dog chasing his tail on these rules for the street stock class. I believe that I have gone way further then need to for answers to my questions and at this point still am no closer to concrete answers then when I started. Trust me when I say that I am not the only person wanting the rules clarified, somebody please. Will somebody please stepup and resolve this. Chico, the techman or anyone with a say so from the track. I do think we have another 5 to 8 street stockers waiting in the weeds or being built. Having the asphalt cars come over is a blessing for this new class but I am not going to be placed behind the eight ball prior to even racing. As of right now we plan to race our full blown street stocker in the pure stock class unless someone steps up. I am not asking for anything thats difficult. Just plain and simple answers to a couple questions. I have talked to chico weeks ago and thought his answers were what I needed. I learned yesterday that this imay not be the case and I quite frankly do not want to be found illegal due to something stupid.

Question #1 - Is 3200 lbs going to be enforced for everyone? If not, then why and what is the new rule?

Question #2 - What is the intake rule? I am waiting to order a camshaft depending what the rule is. Be real nice if it matched Corpus, hint hint hint.

Question #3 - I believe the tire rule is clear now I am just curious if its going to be enforced? Every other car has something different.

This is the last time for me to ask these questions. I am only to assume the track either isnt interested in the additional cars or is not interested in enforcing the rules. If it as simple as answering some questions then please do so and then everyone will no much faster. I want to support your track and not see your efforts get thrown away but make a decision, post it for all to see and be done with it, thanks!!!

I fell like a dog chasing his tail on these rules for the street stock class. I believe that I have gone way further then need to for answers to my questions and at this point still am no closer to concrete answers then when I started. Trust me when I say that I am not the only person wanting the rules clarified, somebody please. Will somebody please stepup and resolve this. Chico, the techman or anyone with a say so from the track. I do think we have another 5 to 8 street stockers waiting in the weeds or being built. Having the asphalt cars come over is a blessing for this new class but I am not going to be placed behind the eight ball prior to even racing. As of right now we plan to race our full blown street stocker in the pure stock class unless someone steps up. I am not asking for anything thats difficult. Just plain and simple answers to a couple questions. I have talked to chico weeks ago and thought his answers were what I needed. I learned yesterday that this imay not be the case and I quite frankly do not want to be found illegal due to something stupid.

Question #1 - Is 3200 lbs going to be enforced for everyone? If not, then why and what is the new rule?

Question #2 - What is the intake rule? I am waiting to order a camshaft depending what the rule is. Be real nice if it matched Corpus, hint hint hint. We have been told Aluminum intake is fine with either Carb. They haven't narrowed it to which Aluminum Intake though

Question #3 - I believe the tire rule is clear now I am just curious if its going to be enforced? Every other car has something different.

This is the last time for me to ask these questions. I am only to assume the track either isnt interested in the additional cars or is not interested in enforcing the rules. If it as simple as answering some questions then please do so and then everyone will no much faster. I want to support your track and not see your efforts get thrown away but make a decision, post it for all to see and be done with it, thanks!!!

First let me say that Chico has been under the weather this week, hope he is feeling better.

#1 3200 lbs will be enforced for all cars(Street Stock) Trucks I believe will be at 3000 lbs, because of the 305, I will have to check on that and let the truck guys know. WEIGHT WILL BE ENFORCED!!

#2 Edelbrock Performer is the only after market intake allowed.

Ford # EDL-2121

Chevy # EDL-2101

Dodge # ? will find that for you

Any Stock Aluminum intake allowed

Cam rules:

3.8: Any hydraulic cam only, any lift allowed.

3.8a: No roller cams allowed.

3.8b: Roller rockers are allowed.

#3 Tire rule has never change and will be enforced.

Tire rules:

5.6: Maximum tire width allowed is 8 inches.

5.7: Any G60 with 8 inch pattern allowed.

5.8: Grooving is the only tire modification allowed. Maximum groove width is 3/8 inch.

5.9: Spacers of any kind allowed.

5.10: 5/8 inch studs required on all wheels.

I really hope this helps, we are trying to make it an even racing field for everybody. It does take time to come up with blended rules that are fair for all of the drivers.

Question #2 - What is the intake rule? I am waiting to order a camshaft depending what the rule is. Be real nice if it matched Corpus, hint hint hint.

Robert,

I have talked with Chico, and he has given me some answers for you.

Question 1- The 3200 lbs weight, will be enforced.

Question 2- Aluminum intakes are ok. the intake rule is open for now. Chico will sit down with the techs and come up with an answer. He's pretty sure we will allow the Aluminum Performer intake.

Question 3- Any G60 with 8 inch pattern allowed, and this will be enforced. Everyone will have 1 week to conform to this rule. After next week, every car will be checked.

If you would like to talk to Chico in person, please feel free to come on out sunday, for the test n tune. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cassy, did Chico say anything about the weight for trucks?

same as the streets, 3200 lbs.

If the trucks run together in there own race on the 25th why not let them weight 2850 like they have since 06? We weighed in at 2950 after adding 100lbs and I really dont think it was weight that gave Rusty an advantage Rusty has like 15 years of racing experience on both dirt and asphalt. And apparently our San Antonio setup is good on dirt, who would have thunk it? I would not go changing rules to fit the SS devision when the truck will hopefully be racing in there own race.

Also if the Performer is the allowed intake does that mean the less expensive torker II would also?

Hey Chad,

Track was totally different last Friday night. Ya'll might Have wanted that extra 250lbs on there.

Come on Friday night!

Naw we wont make friday but I will to have my SS ready soon, If I can get a tow vehicle for the 25th I will be there.

Cassy, did Chico say anything about the weight for trucks?

same as the streets, 3200 lbs.

If the trucks run together in there own race on the 25th why not let them weight 2850 like they have since 06? We weighed in at 2950 after adding 100lbs and I really dont think it was weight that gave Rusty an advantage Rusty has like 15 years of racing experience on both dirt and asphalt. And apparently our San Antonio setup is good on dirt, who would have thunk it? I would not go changing rules to fit the SS devision when the truck will hopefully be racing in there own race.

Also if the Performer is the allowed intake does that mean the less expensive torker II would also?

Chad,

If we could get a good amount of trucks to come out, then Yes, you guys would have your own class, and then you guys and chico could come up with the rules that would best suit you'll and make you guys happy.

Archived