PRO 4 / Mod Four

This is primarily for txfireman911, but anyone that has the answers please post.

txfireman911 - you have posted the one class of cars as Pro 4's and the website has a class that is called Mod Four. I am assuming that it is the same class? How does it compare to the Pro 4's ran out West?

Also, can you post a pic or two of these cars? I am not real familar with Wichita Speedway, but I believe it is a dirt track. The web site doesn't have much on it, or the rules for the individual classes. Is there somewhere where the information is posted? Thanks!!

The correct terminology for the class is mod 4. This class can run what ever chassis you want. It is very similar to the TPS other than the strict rules. The tube chassis cars are not penalized at Wichita Speedway. They run with the oem chassis. The reason for this is that the track a couple years ago was trying to get all the car's to go with the tube chassis. There are still several oem chassis's running with only a few competing with the tube chassis. There are several open wheel car's running, Pinto's, mustangs, and full bodied tube chassis cars. I have been trying to get the owner to post the rules on the website with little results as you can see. Wichita Speedway was formally known as Redriver Speedway. It is a quarter mile ashalt track.

Lloyd,the mod 4 class was like a IMCA except all tube chassis and coilover,but I think they had to weigh the same as the other cars in the class at Whichita Falls,and it appears they were running the same tires we are.

Think about this,on dirt at Boyd our minimum weight was 1700 lbs,but most weighed in the 1800lb range,engine setback was 64" back of the bolck to center of rearend.

Im not going to go through the entire rule book,but here is a little of it. If you have an unported head with a max of 2350 cc you weigh 1700 .lbs, unported head with a max of 2550 you weigh 1900 .lbs. Now if you run a ported head with max 2550 you weigh 2350 .lbs. No Ford aluminum heads! If you run a nonported head there is a $800 claim. There is no claim on the ported heads. I've talked to the owner once again and he said the rules will be on the website this week. Mark

Archived