T.D. and ASA..

racecar25

TOLEDO, Ohio - The ASA Late Model Series announced today an ambitious new motorsports alliance and partnership with High Groove Marketing.

High Groove Marketing, headquartered in West Bend, Wisconsin, joins the series to immediately begin to manage and develop all aspects of affiliated marketing, promoting and sponsorships. "This is a huge step forward in the development of expanding our series," said ASA Late Model Series President Ron Varney. "High Groove Marketing is a top-notch team. They are just what our series needs to increase our visibility and provide racing fans with a first-class product."

Varney made the announcement from Toledo Speedway, where the ASA Late Model Series Challenge Division completed their third scheduled event of the 2007 season. In making the announcement, Varney introduced the President of High Groove Marketing, Terry Dickerson. "This is a very important step for the ASA Late Model Series," said Dickerson. "We are very pleased with the choice Ron and Sandy Varney have made and look forward to a long and productive relationship. Both parties have the drive to make this partnership succeed."

Dickerson is the former Owner of the San Antonio Motor Speedway. He was named in 2007 as Late Model Series Promoter of the Year. "This new venture is bittersweet," said Dickerson. "I was dedicated to making racing a success in San Antonio. However, circumstances beyond my control made it improbable to continue. I feel very fortunate to have another opportunity to share my passion for motorsports and to partner with some of the top leaders in this industry."

High Groove Marketing Team

Dickerson was joined at the press conference by the rest of the High Groove Marketing Team including Larry Wills, Vice President, Sandy Varney and Ken Wills, Consultants, and recently hired Dick Melius, who will serve in the capacity of the marketing team’s Director of Operations. "We have a talented and experienced team," said Dickerson, who led the San Antonio Speedway's Track Management Group and is the current owner of Dickerson Machinery of Castroville, Texas. Varney's wife, Sandy, will serve as the liaison and consultant to the group. Wills is the Owner/CEO of Quality Packaging, Inc of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin and has a storied history in car racing as a race team Owner. Larry's son, Ken, is a past late model and modified driver and current Team Manager of 5K Motorsports.

Newest Team Member

Melius joins the group with a wealth of racing and motorsports experience. Dick has been a Track Manager, Competition Director, Team Manager and Motorsports marketing director for some of the most successful teams in ASA and ARCA during the past five years.

For more information on High Groove Marketing, check out their website www.highgroovemarketing.com or contact Dick Melius

Archived