Cristopher and Lege'

hubb44

Hubb-

Chris was planning to run All-Pro, plans changed, and he started the ROMCO season with an All-Pro Perimeter car. He sold that car, and has a new off-set car from Jimmy Garmon being built. He ran John Heil's car one race, and has run in Turner's car since.

David Lege is taking time away from the sport, and Doug Lege parted ways with Turner after the first of the season. I talked with Doug a while back, and he was working on a deal for ROMCO next year.

Hoosier,

In talking with Chris a little while back, he said he is getting a pretty good deal on this car. The chassis is "Cornermaker", out of Georgia. I get the idea that Jimmy Garmon wants a chassis in the ROMCO series.

Romco currently has Howe, Dillon, Hamke, Port City, Lefthander, GARC, Victory Circle, among others, but I don't know of any of Garmon's cars over here.

Late last year in Houston, Chris told me he was planning to concentrate on All-Pro, but a short schedule, and lack of a decent TV package changed those plans.

Heil bought the car out of Houston. It is an old Frankie Grill house car. The motor was bought in Dallas and is tuned by Derry Burlington. By the way, they are way down on horsepower compared to other teams, which only goes to prove that it takes horsepower/chassis setup/driver to do it right. Everyone thinks John has a lot of horsepower, but when you can carry 10 or 20 extra mph thru the turn it looks like you are pulling everyone else down the straight-a-way.

I seem to remember the car was bought from Dubby Vinson, who campaigned it either as #58, or #8.

Anyone who went to a Houston race last year saw it sitting on a real clean old-style ramp truck.

I'm not so sure about that, Rusty!

My wife accuses me of some sort of selective memory. I can remember a feature race run at a track in 1975 and stuff like that, but can't remember promising to do something she asked me about last week.

But I know I'm not the only one on this board like that!

Tom

Archived