Dillon Spreen claims fourth in ’07 season opener

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 30, 2007

Dillon Spreen claims fourth in ’07 season opener

Boerne, TX (3-31-07) – Dillon Spreen finished fourth Saturday (March 24) in his #81 South Bay/Spreen Racing Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo in his first race of the season - a 30-lap Lonestar Legacys feature at San Antonio Speedway (SAS).

It marked the first of a variety of races for the 12-year-old Spreen, a sixth-grader at Boerne Middle School South.

Spreen Racing Team co-owner Greg Spreen felt it was his fault his son didn’t win the race outright.

“We put a lot of effort into this race but it was hurt by my decision,” the elder Spreen started. “We got a brand new carburetor and it ended up not working for the race. We have brand new spark plugs in the motor. We ran very fast the first couple of practices; in fact, we were the fastest car. Later on, we were still fast on lap times but we didn’t have a lot of power down the straightaways.”

Greg Spreen continued, “We were very quick in the corners but no power on the straights. What I could have done is that I could have put the old carburetor back on the car. I had time to put it on and I felt like the car would have been okay otherwise. I just should have changed the carburetor at the last minute.”

“I thought the race went according to plan except for the carburetor,” Dillon stated. “The car handled perfect the whole race. Every time we got to catching the leaders, though, the caution would come out and slow us down. I just didn’t have any power down the straights.”

The younger Spreen then said, “It was a tough night for some reason. On one restart, I held back a little to get a good run and the driver in front of me missed a shift. That caused me to nudge him in the back and that was the kind of day we had. Halfway through the race, we caught lapped traffic; another driver came out and made it three-wide, causing me to hit some dirt and that caused my car to get loose.”

Spreen was running fifth on a restart with three laps to go. “I got a good jump and one lap later I got around the fourth-place car and was able to come home fourth. I didn’t have enough to catch the leaders even though I was closing in on them,” Dillon declared.

Greg Spreen, while not happy about the carburetor, was very happy with the new Goodyear tires. “We got the new Goodyear tires and they ran very well for us. Goodyear took care of last year’s problem with the sidewalls leaking air last year. Goodyear officials said they’d work on the problem and the new tires this year show they did.”

Information on Spreen can be found at www.dillonspreen.com. Spreen is represented by K-MAC Sports Productions of Austin; information about the company can be found at kmacsports.com.

- 30 -