GN West still set for Saturday despite weather

I just got off the phone with Aryn White of Full Throttle Productions.

She informed me that the NASCAR Grand National Division, West Series opener in at Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle is still on schedule in spite of some wet stuff at the track earlier today.

If the weatherman does not cooperate, however, NASCAR plans to conduct their race on Sunday. Aryn will keep us posted as things develop.

She also said that folks can no longer get tickets online, but that there are still tickets available at the track's on site ticket office.

Nick

We got very little rain after about noon, and were able to get a lot of practice in. There are about 27 cars there, and I think they are talking about extending the starting field to 26, up from the normal 22 on a 3/8ths mile.

By the way, for those interested, Justin Labonte will drive the #09 Mainstreet Homes Entry fielded by Dick Midgely of Vancouver, British Columbia. Midgely is a veteran of the West series, and has also fielded cars in Australia and Japan. He counts among his drivers Herschel McGriff, Roy Smith, Bobby Allison, James Hylton, and a host of others.

And The Eddy Wallace Racing Team of Eddy and Lucian Wallace, Tom Taylor, Dino, Brent Mycue, and John Schultz are providing the crew support this weekend on that car. Was a lot of fun today, and I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Edited by txtom