So what now?

Truck99

How far off are the sas lm's to tsrs-lm's?

Arts, they used to run together on the same track during special races in 2005. I t hink they are the same reason except TSRS doesn't allow crates.

When in doubt call the tech directors... Tracks will give you a place to race.. Who's going to turn down racers a chance to race?

I know we'll be coming to THR now no matter what. Seems the rules for the Spectacular when we came and ran that race were pretty close to being a level playing field for both SAS and THR cars. We're runnin THR either way now, gonna be a long 5 weeks waiting to race again.

My gut feeling at the spectacular was that the SAS cars had just a slight advantage, but maybe the home track "seat time" factor of the THR cars took care of that.

You ran a 16.55 with very little seat time at the track. With more laps, you'd be faster.

My suggestion would be to let the SAS cars run as-is with the exception of tires for 2007 and require them to meet the THR rules in 08. I think the 350 carb would level out the other advantages (engine setback, roller rockers, electric fan, disc brakes.) These are just my thoughts supported by no real evidence of an kind... :D

As far as the trucks and mods - since they can already run at HMP and since THR and HMP are open on opposite weekends, my hope is that they can race both tracks.

I can't commend on the SAS LM cars and RR cars - those are tough ones, but I bet Jack and Mary Ann are working on something as we speak.

Chase ,

I will be coming back to Thunder Hill as well, and i will say this, running the

sas cars as is wont work , if i have to change my car i will . the 350 carb will not make up the difference with the cam rule , engine set back or disc brakes. i know Jack and Mary Ann will do the right and fair thing. The cars were very close at the spectacular and not one of them were running a 350 carb. I do agree that the changes need to be kept to a minimum till 2008 but the playing field needs to be as close to level as it can be. i am willing to do whatever it takes but there are some that want to race that may not be able to , so i guess it's a catch 22. all in all it will definitly be an intresting year at Thunder Hill.

Archived