Cody Smith to run TSRS race at Thunder Hill on 3/31

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 25, 2007

Cody Smith to run TSRS race at Thunder Hill on 3/31

La Vernia, TX (3-23-07) – La Vernia, TX driver Cody Smith, who currently drives in the ASA South Division series, will “return home” to run in the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) Late Models’ season-opening race Saturday, March 31 at Thunder Hill Raceway (Kyle, TX).

Smith, 17, won the TSRS Rookie of the Year award and finished second in the 2006 TSRS points standings. The youngster also owns one track championship in just two full years of racing.

“I’m looking forward to returning home to run in TSRS at Thunder Hill Raceway (THR),” Smith stated. “I’m happy our busy schedule allowed us to run at Thunder Hill for this race, especially since the NASCAR Grand National Division series is opening its season that day. Our whole race team – the Smith Family Racing Team – is looking forward to a fun day.”

The Smith Family Racing team received a lot of help from a familiar source.

Knowing the 17-year-old La Vernia youngster could use some “seat time,” the Salazar Racing team of San Antonio made a call to Cody Smith.

“They asked me if I would like to drive their backup TSRS car,” Smith revealed. “I told them ‘yes,’ of course. The Salazars are awesome people. They helped me last year, then helped our team (Smith Family Racing) at the ASA season-opener in March this year at San Antonio Speedway. Jesse Salazar will be running the # 18 TSRS car Saturday and I’ll be driving the # 18S for the Salazars.”

Cody Smith added, “I am glad I had some time in between races to help out the Salazars. Mr. and Mrs. Salazar have a family that means a lot to us; they are always willing to help anyway they can. It’s going to be alot of fun racing with Jesse (at Thunder Hill Raceway).”

The Grand National Division series is opening with the Allstate Texas Thunder 150. Two-time NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Champion Terry Labonte, named one of NASCAR’s 50 greatest drivers of all-time, will be the Grand Marshal – while his son, Justin, is set to compete in the race.

Tickets and information on the March 31 at Thunder Hill Raceway can be found at www.texasracefest.com.

To learn more about Cody Smith and Smith Family Racing, visit the team’s Web site at www.codysmithracing.com. Smith is represented by K-MAC Sports Productions of Austin; information about the company can be found at www.kmacsports.com. Information about the ASA Late Model Series can be found at www.asalatemodels.com.

Photo courtesy Cody Smith family

post-3-1174872402_thumb.jpg