updates

Chico125

Quick update for everyone. New web-site to be available soon - tricityspeedwaytx.com

my e-mail is chicocox@tricityspeedwaytx.com

phone number - 210-818-4820

Track will be getting phone as soon as ATT gets new line in. Will post once it's done. Apparently old line don't like nobody.

The rain this past week has been good for the track. Most of it has dried nicely. We do have practice scheduled for Friday night, 3/23. Rain predicted for Thursday - we will keep everyone posted. If rain-out Friday we will move practice to Sunday. There is a good chance we will practice Sunday either way....I've had several calls from drivers who can't be here Friday so it looks like we'll practice both days. Our construction plans have been slowed due to weather but we'll keep moving forward and get everything done as we can.

Thanks

Chico Cox / Tri-City Speedway

Don Im sure you can run with the street stock you guys are going to need all the help they can get. Come on down every new racer get a one week pass...Of course you will have some that will cry but look at it this way the more car count the more money......besides if Im not mistaking you still run a clutch and a 350 carb??

real quick.... payouts - these are just starting numbers but they are gauranteed: pure stock - starts @ 150.00 / street stock - starts @ 200.00 / super stock - starts @ 250.00 / Sports Mod - starts @ 300.00 / Modified - starts @ 400.00 Top five per class are payed from starting point whether there's 5 or 55 cars but remember; as always the more cars per class the more places paid and top 5 will get bumped up as well. Basically not much different than every track. I will get complete payouts per car count out this week.

street stock / I-stock : bring the cars and we'll see how they all run together. It will have to be a trail and error basis as I'm sure everyone knows. This first week exemption is for street stock / I-stock only. Pure stock and super stock have the rules and everyone needs to get it right. IMCA Sports Mod and IMCA Modifieds don't bother asking for a "get it right" week. IMCA sets their rules - not me so come ready to go.

Practice tonight is from 5:00 pm until 10:00 pm if we don't get rained out. We are busting the track and adding clay asap so Sunday practice may not be possible due to getting the track ready for next Friday's race. Sorry but for the improvements to get done we got to make some time for track duty. I will keep you guys posted on this though - depends on red clay delivery.

Thanks everyone

OK. it's 1:25am and I'm just in from the track. To all who give a rats patootee - practice went very well. I even got to run a few and no spinskies. I'm sorry I let everyone down who wanted to see me break my own donut record but that Gary lays down a mean track. I'd like to thank everyone who ventured out tonight. It was a great time. And now the fun stuff! As we've all figured out I'm not on here at this hour for my damn health but apparently just putting a short note on here for some referrence to help everyone with the purse issue just ain't good enough. It's time to get off the little bus and grow a few brain cells people. Garanteed purse means that it will go no lower than the posted amount even if the car count is low - ok. Those of you who can't figure it out (and you know who you are) need to count with fingers and toes on this one. If we only have 5 cars show up then those 5 cars will get that purse. That way if driver A drives from tenbucktwo, arrives at the track to find 4 other cars in his class then he doesn't have to worry about going home empty handed - that's right he'll at least get what 5th place is garanteed. I hate to be sarcastic but after getting phone calls from outside sources telling me they've got 50+ messages from whoever then you need to go back and read the post again. I'm sure that most got it but it bothers me to know that you guys don't have any faith anymore. Well that's ok. I'll keep pushing this here critter along and get it where I like it and then everyone can jump on for a ride. It's pretty simple.

and now the rest of the story.....I have set up for the track to get cut up on saturday morning. If that happens...well you guessed it....no practice for sunday. If we can't get the equipment there then I will call and post to let all interested know the status. On monday I have 8 - 20 yard loads (that's 160 yards for those keeping count) of red clay coming so as I'm sure you've figured the track improvements get first dibs but I'm sure all the drivers will be very pleased with the results. I hope nobody is pissed for my little primal release of sarcastic verbal abuse and I apologize for that. I only human. Oh yea, thanks Darin - I knew you'd get it. Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

[i still don't see from the post anything different. The average car count for Mods last few years has been around 15. Paying only 5 cars will not keep that average going. Faith in a promoter is not one of a drivers normal virtues, not being ugly just real. Most everyone that has been there wants you to succeed!

Oldguy and anyone else who still might not be reading between the lines, Chico is NOT saying he is only going to pay 5 cars if there are 23 cars in any which class ALL cars will be paid. The point that he is trying to make is that if for some reason the mods or any class is having a big race some where else and ONLY 5 cars show up for that class that their purse will NOT BE CUT!!!! Chico does have a phone number that he can be reached at on his post but let me give it to you and anyone else who may need it 210-818-4820, it is better to call him and ask him then to make a post if you are unclear on anything. I hope this helps to clear up any questions. Janel

[i can read and understand your post but I read the others over and over and paying everyone did not pop out anywhere in my mind. You cleared it up very good and the first race may be a little better as I definitely was not the only one who couldn't read what wasn't there.

[i can read and understand your post but I read the others over and over and paying everyone did not pop out anywhere in my mind. You cleared it up very good and the first race may be a little better as I definitely was not the only one who couldn't read what wasn't there.

Oldguy ....Your not only old but your slow (minded) Wake up and smell the coffee

Rain...Can't cus it but damn. Track has been wet since Monday morning. We are set to work the track first thing in the morning. Gary's got his hands full with this one. We'll do our best. Friday night races are on as long as we don't get hit with a bucket load of precipitation. A little is ok. We can manage that just not buckets. Drivers meeting at 7:30 pm...races start at 8:00 pm. Gates open at 4:00 pm. Classes scheduled to run are pure stocks, street stocks, super stocks, TX Outlaw Modified Series, IMCA Sports Mod., and IMCA Modified. If there are any questions about rules or car placement for classes give me a call. Thanks

210-818-4820

Archived