Kristin Bumbera Finishes Strong in HMP's Speedfest '07

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - March 19, 2007

Houston Motorsports Park

Texas Motorsports Experience

micka@txmotorsportsexperience.com

Kristin Bumbera Finishes Strong in “TXI 125”

The 2007 season started out with a bang for Kristin Bumbera at her home track – Houston Motorsports Park. Before a packed grandstand cheering her on Kristin Bumbera and her 2007 TXI - Maximizer Concrete Chevrolet Monte Carlo finished a strong sixth in The Inaugural Speedfest 07 ASA Pro Late Model TXI 125 on St. Patrick’s Day.

With a four leaf clover taped on her dashboard Bumbera qualified 8th in a field of 25 cars during the Friday portion of the three day event. As the clock struck midnight Andrew Pinkerton, TXI’s Motorsports Marketing representative, waved the green flag three times before the restless field was able to complete a full lap without a caution. Bumbera, a college sophomore and only female driver in the field showed the calm and consistency of a veteran in handling sometimes-chaotic racing conditions. She skillfully avoided one major pile up on the front stretch and was spun out not once but twice during the 125 lap race. 2006 HMP Crew Chief of the Year - Kenny Bumbera’s careful racecar preparations paid off as his daughter worked her way up to the sixth position and finished on the lead lap.

“My Dad builds an awesome racecar and our team has made some changes this year which will allow him to focus more on my racecars and our performance at the racetrack”, says Bumbera in a post race interview. “We did a lot of testing over the winter and this first race proves that we’ve got a great combination going now. We’re looking forward to a great season. Having my own sponsor TXI - Maximizer Concrete as the title sponsor of this big race really put some pressure on me. I really wanted to finish in the top ten for them and we almost even had a top five finish. But I’m very happy with our qualifying position and the race. There were some tough guys here this weekend and thankfully most of them stayed behind me tonight.”

You can read more about Kristin Bumbera at kristinbumbera.us.

Photo courtesy of Bumbera Racing

post-3-1174343325_thumb.jpg

Archived