SAS rules format

WildRacer5

I need help to figure out the rules format at SAS. Does the NASCAR sanction only help out the LM class that races for sunbelt points. I know that they used to have the NASCAR shorttrack series but didn't know if the sportsmen cars were under that banner or not. ARe the nascar rules in effect for all the classes at SAS so that the can go to any nascar track and compete like the LM should or is it just a track class with track rules?

Hey Wild SAS late models run by the letter of the nascar rulebook.NASCAR rules are only a sugested set of rules and the speedway has the final say on what the rules will be. Gary Daniels won the national championship and runs a modified with a mag ignition and 12" wide tires.There are many tracks in the east that run the same rules as SAS and there are several big money races after the regular season to run out east.The points money is not bad either the guy that won the national championship got checks totaling $160,000 and Mike Balzer who finished 5TH in the sunbelt region<and races at SAS got a nice throphy and checks totaling $10,000.00.I have not heard of any other Texas tracks or seres that pays that kind of money.Buy the way the guy that won the sunbelt championship got a check for $46,000. The rules for the other divisions are not as detailed as the late model class and are mainly determined by the local track.I ave an extra rule book if you need a copy or you may be able to get a set from the speedway

Archived