Pit stop Competition For TSRS@HMS

NewRacer

Has anyone heard if they are going to have the Pit Stop Competition for the TSRS race @Houston.

I got an E-mail From TSRS asking for a Vote on if the drivers want to have it.

What are everyones feelings about having it where you have to change a tire as part of your Qualifying time?

I know that the fans like it , but I for one think it is just another distraction from

getting the car ready for the race.

Victory Lane

Chase

I think most of your posts are well thought out and always welcome.

I don't think you need to race in a series to have an opinion on something.

By the way how much did Nike give you to put that swoosh on your car.

Did they pay you a smaller percent when they found out it was upside down.

LOL

I think that the it is a horrible idea. It might be good for the fans, and fun for the teams to compete in, but there is no reason, you should take a chance on it, you could be penalizing the a fast car out there, and be putting the slowest one up front which wouldn't be good for the fans in the long run.

The pit stop competiton was orginally devised to add some fun to a post season race last year. Apparently everyone enjoyed it and as a result it became part of the first TSRS race at Houston year and will also be a part of this year's Space City 125. On the other hand 3 days notice is pretty short. I vote no. JP

I have to admit that TSRS dose a great job throwing out new ideas to keep the fans into the races.

Rolling the Dice: Pit stop Comp.(I think the got that idea from JP)lol

I think all of this is great for the fans.

I will be ready for the pit stop comp. in the space city 125, but I may not be ready to do it with a 2 day notice.

I have to change out my studds , and I can not get them anywhere in Texas.

That is my main problem.

It dose not matter where you start.

They only count where you Finish.

Victory Lane

I don't think you'll have to worry about a pit stop competition at HMP (Houston Motorsports Park) this Saturday night. That's unofficial, of course, but just a guess on my part.. :D

And, yes...we WILL have some great racing this Saturday night..!

Big John,

I know what the snake eyes mean, and I still think everybody fears the day that comes, they think it will be exciting for the fans, but how exciting is it going to be when they get to see 15 green flag laps.

We will not stop kiddin you about that untill you give us a response.lmao.

Well, I don't know what to say. Hell, when I first described the design to Rocky at San Roc, I described it to him as an upside down swoosh! :lol:

Anyway, I like it, so I think it will have to stay around for next year. Not sure about the chrome decals though - they are a pain.

Go get 'em in Houston.

cs

In case anyone hasn't heard, Mary Ann has announced that the Pit Stop Competition will NOT occur at this (Sept 6th) TSRS event at Houston Raceway Park (the track formerly known as Houston Motor Speedway).

Nick Holt

Archived