Fast 50 at Cowtown

97car

Yes Mark and Cooter ran the enduro, its a funny story i was working out at the Legends Car races that afternoon at TMS and Mark called and said he we have an extra car we need 3 scorers and you need to find a rider to ride with you. So Me and Marc Currey went to Cowtown Saturday night and entered in the enduro also running the UMSCHEID Race Services, Austin Vol-Tech, Cedar Park Body and Frame Chevy Caprice for Got-R-Dun racing and Shit Box Inc. We started 14th in a 21 car field. It didnt take Marc and I to make it to the front as Cooter and I ran side by side for most of the first 50 laps in the event. We would split cars as we made our way to the front, once we got their the transmission in my caprice started acting up and i began to fall backwards eventually having to park it. Mark started 20th and made it to the front shortly after i had pulled off the track only to break a rear end with about 40 laps remaining. Cooter keep up the fast pace, (my Speed-o read 58mph at one time) and went on to win the Feb Fast 50 enduro 250 at Cowtown speedway.

I would like to that Mark and Cooter for allowing us the opportunity to run this fine piece of equipment.

J.C

Archived