C. T. Hellmund press release

Release: August 29, 2003

Hellmund and NASCAR Team Suzuki Motorcycles and ATVs Hope to Continue Impressive Winston West Run in Salt Lake City's "NAPA 200"

West Valley City, UT -- NASCAR Winston West Team Suzuki Motorcycles and ATVs and driver C. T. Hellmund are here for the August 30, 2003, NASCAR Winston West "NAPA 200" at Rocky Mountain Raceway and hope to continue their run of top finishes. In four Winston West races to date, the Suzuki Motorcycles team has posted a win, a second, a third and a seventh (when a car spun in front of Hellmund late in the race) on tracks from road courses to short ovals to a superspeedway.

"I've been out of the car since May," Hellmund noted today, "taking care of some things away from the track. We tried to test last week, but got rained out. I hope my crew chief, Dave Riggs, and I will be able to determine the right gearing and set up in practice and be ready for qualifying.

"Although I've never raced at Rocky Mountain, that's nothing new for us. The only track we've raced more than once is the Bullring at Las Vegas. I'm confident we'll be on our game for the Rocky Mountain race."

Hellmund also has help from local sponsors, including Autocraft Bodywerks. The race will be televised nationally on Speed Channel on September 1 (Labor Day) at 10:00 pm EDT.

###

Archived