Local Daytona 500 parties

NickHolt

There are a couple of Daytona 500 parties you might want to go to tomorrow..

AUSTIN -- Motorsports Zone

Motorsports Zone is having a Daytona 500 party in Austin. The Motorsports zone Daytona 500 watch party will be at the Chisholm Trail Icehouse & Barbecue, at Hwy. 183 & Spicewood Springs Rd. (next to the big lot store). Come meet the Motorsports zone cast of characters, enjoy great food and Watch the race with a bunch of rabid NASCR nuts!!!

SAN ANTONIO -- Fans Associated with Stock Car Auto Racing (FASCAR)

FASCAR is holding their EIGTH ANNUAL FASCAR DAYTONA WATCH PARTY at Tex's Grill & Sports Bar, February 16, 2003. Tex's Grill and Sports Bar is located inside the Hilton Hotel off Loop 410 across from Central Park Mall. Come have a good time and watch the race with us on a big screen T. V. Enjoy food, friendship and raffle prizes! Races start at 11:00 a.m. but get there early for a good seat. Hope to see you there!

Nick Holt

We had a good turnout at the 8th Annual FASCAR Daytona Watch Party. There was about 74 people in attendance, almost everyone won a door prize and there was delicious food as well.

FASCAR would like to thank the following for their donations towards the food buffet....

Radicke's Lonesome Oak Cafe

Beverly and Chuck Collins

Croft Truck Accessories

Photo by Peters

Tom Peters

Vernon and Anita Burk

Bill Etherton

David Koch

Nesser Racing Inc.

Dalbert's Towing

FASCAR would like to thank Stirling Racing Collectibles for their donation of a NASCAR Jacket that went towards the door prizes. We would also like to thank all those individuals who brought nascar goodies to be given away as door prizes, I wish I could list them all here but I wasn't given a donation list. You know who you are and we appreciate your support very much!

On a personal note...I would like to thank all those who donated money at the party for the Nesser Racing For Kids petting zoo to be built at the Baptist Children's Home. We collected $43 dollars and some change towards the petting zoo and every bit counts! Without generosity of people as yourselves, our first project (2002 Playground) wouldn't have been possible and the start of our 2003 project wouldn't have gotten off the ground.

Jean Nesser

FASCAR Corresponding Secretary/Historian

Archived