working together

JohnnyT66

after two meetings in two days some things came to light.those that said a sts car was outlaw at tri city should have come to the meeting.CHICO COX has many dreams,i hope they happen.at first a PURE at STS was a street stock at tri city.a STS strret stock was a SUPER here. i feel that that has changed.as a racer/owner i understand that the area tracks need each other.ALL THREE!.when its better for the racers its better for the tracks.more cars mean more fans.i have met MANY GREAT people at the tracks.i know that OWEN bust his butt to make it work as good as it does.i know CHICO is trying to make it work.i hope the racers will put those cars that have been sitting back together for racing here.tracks need race cars,race cars need tracks to race at.till OWEN and his group came along,how long did STS sit closed?did TEXAS DIRT ever reopen?if tri city does not make it,will we ever have a local track again?.....good luck to the men that have the nuts to take it on!hope 07 will be great for you guys,that way we have a place to race. frank t.

I know I personally left todays super stock meeting feeling positive. Chico seems to have the right idea and willingness to make Tri-City work and be racer/fan friendly. He was open to ideas and driver input, but at the same time had the track in mind. From what I see it looks to be a bright future for Tri-city.Good luck to all , And get to buildin'

Mr.Cox. I didnt make it to your meeting, but I recieved an earful of info from a few who attended, I had a question, and am not sure if it was brought up. Back in the day, I think it was when Mr. Torres was running the track, he use to run "grudge match" races, after the mains. I was wondering if it was possible to bring those back. There are serveral cars this year who I'd like to see go head to head. I realize in order to do this, it takes money(payout) and serveral of the match-ups I'd like to see, I'd be willing to put the money up to see them. I'm not exactly sure HOW Mr. Torres made the arrangements to make these types of races possible, but it was always great entertainment at the end of a good night of racing.

Melinda Helton

a.k.a. missmindy29

Archived