Super Stock Meeting

Chico125

The Super Stock meeting is still on for 2:00pm Sunday - Location of meeting is at Tri-City Speedway, RAIN OR SHINE, COLD OR HOT. No exceptions, so come appropriately prepared. There will be track registration forms available as well as the parking lay-out. Hopefully today we'll get a little more accomplished. There are a few changes coming for pure stock rules but they are minimal so build your cars as stock as humanly possible....pure stock means pure stock. I am considering a promoters claimer rule for this class to assure that everyone keeps it legal and stock....please feel free to voice your opinion on this. I welcome the input and it could make for some interesting dialogue. A quick note to all the I-stock cars. I am still working on finding a way to fit you guys into the show and in what class. This may be harder than I originally thought but I will keep working on it, somewhere there is a solution just have to find it.

Yesterdays meeting, was to say, very informative and inspiring. I will get the rules out with any corrections or changes asap. Thanks to everyone who made the trip. We'll see you at the track today.

Chico Cox / Tri-City Speedway

Guest Top Dog Graphix

How about calling those out that are running "street stocks" in pure stock?? I know one of the cars you are thinking about is just an old SAS Roadrunner.. It certainly does not have weight jacks or Street Stock parts..

The meeting on Sunday was considerably more productive than Saturday's. The Super Stock class looks to be a great class with a good car count. There were a few rule adjustment's. I'm calling them adjustments because the rule's didn't neccessarily change or go away but there were allowances with penalties to keep the cars closer and more competitive and to get the cars legal without having to change or spend a butt-load of money to get it legal. I think we made alot of headway to getting the rules nailed down. This is an important class to keep running for this area but as everyone knows it's all about car count and making the racing exciting for the drivers and the fans. If we only have a handful of cars it gets pretty boring. As for street stock there were a couple of changes made but nothing major. I think 3-link was one of the big questions which I must admit I missed it. I wanted to allow suspensions to be beefed for street stock to match the super stock primarily to make the transition from street to super just a motor and tire issue. The changes are coming and will be updated. Pure Stock is still Pure Stock. Build appropriately. I also understand there was some misunderstanding as to where the drivers/cars from STS would fit in. It boils down to this: bring your car up and we'll fit you in to whatever class it fits into. I think the pure stock / street stock comment I made got everyone thinking in the wrong direction. My final comment, " it doesn't matter if you call it the beat up p.o.s. class just as long as you fit somewhere within the rules...we're racing " was the point I was trying to make. We addressed this on sunday and everyone felt that it's just a matter of getting the car's here and get them checked out and put into classes. I really want to thank everyone who showed up for the meetings this weekend. With everything going on ( monster trucks, football playoffs, lucas late models on speed channel, etc. ) we had a really good turn out. If you didn't make it, I'm still looking at a playday for the 28th of Jan. and we will have another driver meeting then. Bring your mudgrips. If this weather continues we'll fish and have some mud drags or maybe mud drag trolling.....that would be cool on the bassmasters tour. Thanks again.

Chico Cox / Tri-City Speedway

I would like to see a claimer rule in pure stock. Thin a few folks can worry if there going to loss there street stock or not!!! Oh opps did I say street stock. :ph34r:

This has to be the dumbest thing I have very heard, That's why they tech cars at the end of a race. You just need to build a car that will run with the front runners and quite bitching. You build them right and by the rules, then it boils down to the driver's ability and LUCK

Get with the program

Archived