HMP Hobby Stock Rules

8_Hobby

Who said anything about running with the Street Stocks. We will all need more motor for them. Congrats on rookie of the Year Richey!!! Rules are pretty much the same with maybe a carburetor rule and track tire, should be finalized by the banquet this weekend.

It has been mentioned on more than one occasion by HMP and THR management that there was a possibility of a few more races for the THR SS cars at HMP in 2007. I've even heard mention of the possibility of the HMP hobby cars coming to THR on a few occasions. I don't know if anything was ever finalized, but it would be cool to race at HMP again.

HMP Hobby Stock and the THR ST Stock rules are pretty far apart (if I remember right about 5 to 6 tenths). . As mentioned before we base the HMP Hobby Stock rules on the Houston area Dirt Track Hobby Stock rules. There's somewhere in the ballpark of 150 Dirt Hobby Stocks in the Houston area and were drawing from those existing cars. If I remember correctly there was only 2 or 3 cars @ HMP that weren’t "converted" dirt cars and if we get to far from the existing cars than we'll hurt the growth of our class. I said all that to say this, It would be cool to go to some other tracks and have some visitors at ours but we need to come up with a way to make the two classes competitive so we can "play together". I like competition racing against better cars and better drivers will only make me better, I learned that while running TOBA. But a half of a second per lap is hard for us to over come and on the other hand it wouldn't be right to require the St Stocks to adapt to our rules.

Any Ideas??????

Mike Sdao

#03 HMP Hobby Stock

I think the Houston hobby's would be more suited to race with the THR hobby's as well except those two cars that ran first and second the last night WOW, those two cars where FAST! Idont see how they could pass tech ? :unsure:

I think if anything the HMP cars are faster than the THR Hobby Stocks. We just need some THR Hobby Stocks to go to Houston when TSRS does so we can see where everything matches up. From the SS race at HMP the Hobby Stocks looked like they were more competitive than the THR Hobby's would have been.

Archived