Any racing Saturday Night?

Mel

We will be a Grand praire Speedway, its close enough to come by.... its a Friday and Saturday show....AJ

A J,

Can you give me some general directions or maybe a link. We will be close to Six Flags and looking for sumpin to do on Sat. night.

Thanks, Mel

Did you make it out to Grand Prairie?

Sure did!,

Wind sure was biting in the stands. Arrived a little late, Got directions to the horse race track.... :lol:

my bad! They got some real horsepower there!

Finally arrived and ya'll were waiting! LOL! Darn ambulance people!. Lots of cars and some good hard racing. Kinda reminds me of CC Speedway (the dirt version). Crt should run up there, they had a 4 cyl class of all mustangs/pintos. It was an excellent race also.

I had a great time, but ran too late for me...we got up real early Sunday to beat the traffic to TMS. Left around 11 or so.

Sorry I didn't get by to see you, but with as many cars as ya'll had there I doubt I would have found you anyway. Hope your race went well.

The races were wild and crazy with a lot of beating and banging, but ain't that how all short track dirt races are? Good to see a track thriving with cars again.

You dirt guys have my respect, some of those mods looked like Gravedigger the way they were bouncing in the turns!

I thoroughly enjoyed the races at GP and will return sometime to see some more but, I'll stick to racing on the asphalt/concrete. ( I'm a lil' lazy by nature) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.,

Mel

Glad you made it out and had a good time. We qualified for the bomber race on Friday night so we didn't even race till after midnight. The race had a couple of early cautions, but then ran all the way to the checker! We finished third! I have to say, with 7 classes of cars, b mains, last chance qualifiers and features, they did a good job getting the races done a little after 1 a.m. I don't think they even started till around 7:30.

I can tell you the bomber qualifier Friday night was a little rough. There were cars spinning everywhere and beating on each other. We dodged most of em except that dang impala. It blocks the whole track.

And you're right...you probably wouldn't of found us....we were behind the back stretch coming out of turn 2. That's a long walk from the grand stands!!!!

I do agree about the wind in the stands! I was cold the couple of times we went up there to watch! You wouldn't believe we had the ac on in the trailer when we slept that night! It was a little warm!!!

Brenda Dancer

Archived