Brooke disrupts Daytona ...

NickHolt

This if from the Associated Press as reported on another racing web site:

Evernham served with subpoena in Gordon divorce

JENNA FRYER

Associated Press

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Car owner Ray Evernham was subpoenaed in Jeff Gordon's divorce case Tuesday, accepting the papers from a sheriff's deputy outside Daytona International Speedway.

Brooke Gordon's lawyers want to look at the contracts NASCAR car owners have with their drivers and sponsors to determine what Gordon is worth as a car owner. The four-time Winston Cup champion owns a stake of Hendrick Motorsports.

The car owners fought original subpoenas they received over the past month at their home offices. But the lawyers have been trying to serve them during preparations for Sunday's season-opening Daytona 500 to get them to appear in a Florida court.

NASCAR turned away a process server attempting to get into the track last week, and Evernham said officials from the sanctioning body asked him to go outside of the track on Tuesday to accept the papers.

"NASCAR asked me to do it and to not make a scene about it," Evernham said. "So I did it because I care about this sport, unlike Mrs. Gordon, who is trying to make a circus of the Daytona 500."

Evernham, who won three Winston Cup titles as Gordon's crew chief, was the best man at the Gordons' wedding.

The subpoena orders Evernham to appear in court Friday, but he said he would not show up.

"I have 150 employees to worry about and two race cars to get ready for the biggest event of the year," he said. "I'm not stopping to go to court."

Car owner Chip Ganassi said he was not served before he left Daytona on Monday to return to his home in Pittsburgh, but was told a deputy had been looking for him where he had been staying when he first arrived for the race.

Roush Racing general manager Geoff Smith said his organization had not received an order to appear in a Florida court.

Apparently Brooke is trying to make a few more enemies inside the racing world. Now she's trying to disrupt the Daytona 500 and several other Cup teams. Sounds like she's a bit on the money-hungry side, no? In my opinion, Jeff is WAY better off without her.

Nick Holt

That is one crazy -----!

I can't believe what she is doing.

I think you are very right Nick.

She is money hungry and he is better off without her.

I think that stuff is none of her business.

Good for Ray Everham for saying he won't show up.

I just hope everyone keeps there mind on the racing and they go out there and have great racing on Thursday and Sunday.

Kathy

It's a sad day when some one who would be a virtual nomebody has to hurt a sport that helped make her. No body knew her when she was even Miss Winston, but everybody knew her when she became Mrs. Gordon. Now she is slapping the face of the sport and making a joke out the legal system. I'm not sure what Jeff did to her, all it says is marrital (SP) misconduct, but it really must have made her mad. :angry:

I just hope that Jamie McMurry is paying attention. His Girlfreind used to be Miss winston too and he is one the way to stardom. :huh:

Archived