sUPER STOCKS SITTING OUT IN THE WEEDS

blane

with all of the changes to local Late Model classes over the past 5 years I was wondering how many older Super stock cars are sitting out in someones yard with no place to race any more?

Basicly they are Late models with leaf springs & weight jacks, but pretty much stock chassis other than that. I know of a few that are completely race ready even have an after market Fiberglass body on it. Pretty much looks like a TSRS but without all the after market parts.

I think a track should start up a Super Stock class which would be a step above Street Stock with Aftermarket bodies and weight jacks, but that would be the main difference, and maybe give a weight break to those who run a stock body.

I think this would be a great class for those who can not afford to go to TSRS or USRA super Late Models, but want to move up from a Street stock class for more of a challenge.

I am sure it would worry people that this class would hurt existing Street stock classes.

I am sure it would take a few people from that class who would want to move up and have a bit more of a challenge.

maybe this class would bring back some old racers along with the old race cars.

Just an idea on how to maybe bring more old cars and old drivers back to the track ....

Bryan

basically the super street stocks that used to run at sas........some of those were converted over to tsrs, and some to sas lm, and like you said some were put out to pasture........you pretty much have that class at sas already, it is the sportsman class.........all you would have to do is allow after market fiberglass bodies and weight jackers and the class will be back.........jmo

Archived