Thanksgiving Race

dancer52

I was checking your website and on the flier for Thanksgiving weekend it says $800 to win Pure Stock and $50 to start, but if you look at the payout listed under Pure Stock, it says $1000 to win and $100 to start. Which is it? Also, is the purse guaranteed regardless of car count? What are the pit pass prices going to be that weekend? Will non qualifiers receive $25 as stated?

Sorry about the confusion on the flier, the Pure Stocks will be 1000 to win and 100 to finish in the top 24 and that is guaranteed no matter how many show up. Probably need to clarify the non-qualifier thing, I plan to start every car that is there unless it is some rediculous number which I really hope it is, but if it is 32 say they will all start and 25 through 32 will get $50 not $25, we will give the entry fee back at least.

Hope this helps.

Owen

• 4 weeks later...

I run with Mares Racing Team and it dont matter to me on tire I also have a set of 500 that I can put on I was just asking to make it fare on the tires across the board.......some of them pull offs can get wide...by the way I thought you run with the toba cars....see you this weekend........Abraham

I don't believe the 500 is a legal tire anywhere but Edna does run the Hoosier dirt boss which is legal. I agree if you are allowed to run a 10" wheel that the asphalt pulloffs can be a little wide but twice as hard as anything anybody runs out there, but since they are only allowed on an 8" wheel they are about the same width as the G60's that are allowed, only harder. So, I don't call that opening up the tire rule, I just call it a sensible option.

Archived