New track near austin

Hartracn19

i've heard H2R was $$$$$ with membership,security deposit,monthly dues,track passes(and you have to buy so many annually).Sounds like a place for the GQ high end car crowd to go zip around in vipers and zo6's and etc.

Tommy, these "country club" tracks often hold races, and there are about four or five either active or in the building stages in Texas, maybe more. They run races like NASA does at TWS, Hallett, and elsewhere.

Of course, they also just go out and drive fast in their expensive toys, though I think most of them would be shocked at how much a short track toy costs.

Just curious if any of the touring series will try to work a deal with these new tracks. Instead of requiring full memberships,security deposit,monthly dues,track passes, etc. work a deal for one or two races a year. With the first one being located close enough to THR and even SAS, it would seem more teams may may consider making that race, if it were made available... Just food for thought...

The "Resort" tracks are after a certain sector and it's out there,and it's different from the stock car group.The "Fast and the Furious" types.I know LoneStar Motorsports Park in Sealy just converted to a 1/4 mile Dragstrip from a 1/8 mile,added a MX-ATV Track,Road Course,and a Drift/Auto X Track with full RV HookUps and a campground,get your fix all in one locale.They even talked about adding a race called Drag-n-Cross where a car runs a 1/4 mile drag and then hangs a left, hits the road course and who ever has the best time and the end of the lefts and right Wins,combine 2 different types of racing into one.I can see the "Tuner" crowd eating that up in force.

Tommy, I agree with you...BUT, they are also business folk. If a deal could be reached, it could provide some "booked" dates for their track. It could also give our local touring series a chance to run a road course as part of their season. Not saying it will happen, just that it could happen... :rolleyes:

(BTW - I am sending you a PM not related to tracks ior this topic... Thanks...)

Archived