Vintage 3/4 Midget

outlawcaddy

Hey all you guys and galls I have a new project in my shop and I need your help. I bought this car in pieces and I am going to repair it and make it functional. Only problem is I have very limited information about it and I thought yall might be able to help. I purchased the car in a little town outside of San Marcos. The gentleman who I bought it from did not know much about it. Here is what I know, 3/4 midget that is motorcylce powered. Supposedly there was a group that ran them around the San Antonio area. Possibly in 1975 to the early 80's. Not real sure, it is just tid bits of info I have gathered. Any info is appreciated. I will post pics at a later date.

i have some friends that raced something like you are talking about from austin and sa around that time and called them modified midgets.They raced in alvin,goliad,dallas,and corpus area.The motors they used were 250cc to .F2-600cc and the top dog was 1200cc called a mini sprint.The mini sprint was a little bigger car than the modified midget,it was about the size of a full midget.I remember their cars,post the pics,may be one of ems old ride.They had them in their garages for many years just sitting collecting dust,if it's not one of theirs,maybe I can hook you up with one of them and they may know who it did belong to.

Archived