Texana Raceway Park, October 7th Special

TRP

Texana Raceway Park Announces October 7th Event for Mods, Limiteds and Bombers

Texana Raceway Park is announcing a special end of the season race for Modifieds, Limited Modifieds, and Bombers only on October 7th . We would like to invite everyone out for a special season finale to help us wrap up a great 2006 season as a thank you to all of the drivers and fans.

24 cars will qualify for the feature in each class, and payout will be all the way through 24th place.

Modifieds - $1,500 to win

2nd-$750, 3rd-$500, 4th-$350, 5th-$300, 6th-$250, 7th-$200, 8th-$150, 9th thru 24th - $125

Limiteds - $1,250 to win

2nd-$750, 3rd-$500, 4th-$350, 5th-$300, 6th-$250, 7th-$200, 8th-$150, 9th thru 24th- $80

Bombers – $1000 to win

2nd-$500, 3rd-$250, 4th-$150, 5th-$100, 6th-$80, 7th-$70, 8th-$60, 9th-$50, 10th thru 24th -$40

Fees:

$50 entry fee covers driver and car

$20 pit pass per person for everyone else

$15 transponder rental fee for only those cars making the feature.

Modifieds – 5” spoilers are okay

Any IMCA tire okayAdd 50 lbs in front of mid-plate for aluminum heads

Add 25 lbs for roller cams

No traction Control

Sport Mod rules apply for sportmods/limiteds

Bombers - Texana Raceway Park published bomber rules will apply. (South Texas Speedway registered Pure Stocks will be legal under South Texas Speedway published rules. All others must meet Texana Bomber rules). Rules for Texana Raceway Park Bombers can be found at www.texanaracewaypark.org

We look forwad to seeing a large turnout on Saturday October 7th, for a great night of dirt track racing, and again thank you to everyone for a great 2006 season!

Texana Raceway Park

www.texanaracewaypark.org

NO INSURANCE NO AMBULANCE at this TRACK NO THANK YOU!!!!!!

A friend of mine had a good accident at the track was injuried called the track to get insurace info to go to hospital or doctor the said " SORRY YOU RACE AT YOUR OWN RISK" I would rather race at a track with insurance you never know.

dirty boy.this is not a knock towards you ,so dont take it that way on this reply.you are defending your track.that is great and what a promoter needs.but what Randy is talking about is Mr.Hornes deal this past saturday.in the main two cars spun in the turn.Mr Horne hit head on.the car bent some bars inside from the force of the front hoop.on sunday he was hurting and turning colors on his upper chest and legs.on monday he had the company secratary call about insurance.she was told he needed to contact there lawyer since he was not racing on there track when it happened.got a call back a couple of hours later saying that they recalled no wreck.they would have there insurance call him.well today is thursday and still no info..on the ambulance deal,it still printed that the responce would be like five to ten min.better reavaluate that.there were some GREAT people there that did a GREAT job for me. i know one was MRS PERRY.i am trying to call her to say THANK YOU !.there were others that i dont know.but i do THANK YOU to all that helped..frank t

NO INSURANCE NO AMBULANCE at this TRACK NO THANK YOU!!!

Randy, point well said, I also seen this add for this show, would love to race there but you have to be a fool to race without proper safty vehicles, if you got hurt bad enough, you dont want to have no ambulance, that 5 min to get there and then back could be your life.

Mr Horne will be coming in today.seems in high spirits.ask everyday if we are getting his hot rod ready.that 73 year old just loves what he does in life .and though i wish he would chill and take a brake,he wont.hes kind of like that energizer bunny....goes,and goes and goes.....and its friday,and still no call from anyone with the track or the insurance.they stated they were going to monitor this .shows where there heart is at.frank t.

As I wish Joe the best, and dont ever want to se anyone get hurt, but...........most everyone knows the situation there with no ambulance...if you get hurt or hurt bad enough where time counts, theres no one to blame but your self for know and racing there, and please this is not tward Joe in anyway, to everyone who races there., and to here no insurance...shame on anyone to put there life on the line in a racecar knowing this.Its such a NICE track to let this hamper just by not having insurance and a abmulance.

Well, I agree with some of you, and have a few questions and comments.

First as, boerne stated we all know the situation with the ambulance, and while I wish it were on site too... I still feel as safe as I ever do at a track with the hospital so close. I have been to a couple of tracks where the ambulance on site could not even treat burns, now that makes me feel real safe. But this issue has been beat to death already.

On the insurance....I have always been under the impression that the person who buys the insurance is the one who is covered.....and thought track insurace it to cover their butts. Now I could be wrong...but that is why I have my own insurance....

WHo knows.....

Original post edited to add complete payout and fees as follows:

Modifieds - $1,500 to win

2nd-$750, 3rd-$500, 4th-$350, 5th-$300, 6th-$250, 7th-$200, 8th-$150, 9th thru 24th - $125

Limiteds - $1,250 to win

2nd-$750, 3rd-$500, 4th-$350, 5th-$300, 6th-$250, 7th-$200, 8th-$150, 9th thru 24th- $80

Bombers – $1000 to win

2nd-$500, 3rd-$250, 4th-$150, 5th-$100, 6th-$80, 7th-$70, 8th-$60, 9th-$50, 10th thru 24th -$40

Fees:

$50 entry fee covers driver and car

$20 pit pass per person for everyone else

$15 transponder rental fee for only those cars making the feature.

Texana Raceway Park

www.texanaracewaypark.org

Archived