Boone Supernationals

Modracer

I know this should really go into the dirt section, however, after racing asphalt I felt the need to post on here. I have recently returned from the IMCA supernationals and must admit that I was thoroughly impressed by the way they ran the show. For the week long show they had approximately 800 cars.

What impressed me the most was the way that they kept the show flowing. On Fridays show they had a total of 52 races. They started at 5:00pm and the show ended at 1:30am.

The race procedures were pretty simple. Once you hit the track you had one lap and then they threw the green flag. If you stopped on the track during the heat race and brought out the yellow flag you were black flagged and put into the pits. After 10 races they prepped the track which would last about 30-40 minutes.

The fans in the stands actually got upset when the races didnt start soon after a restart. We as drivers and fans need more of this kind of racing around here and I would employ anyone to go up and watch this race.

The thing that keeps the new people I bring to the track from coming back again is delay,delay,delay.Take our same number of cars and races from a regular Saturday night,and run the show like that,it would end in an hour or two.The kicker is,those new people would be wowed and they would come back for more.It isn't how long or how late your show runs,it's the content of the show.Non-stop racing with alot of cars and action ending at 1:30am would just leave people saying wow,where did the time go.

Intermissions are for stick and ball sports.

This opinion is just my own and has no bearing on how the owners of this awesome website may or may not feel.

Peace.....out. B)

What needs to be remembered is the show is for the fans. The 2nd Longhorn roundup had 240 mods for the Saturday night show,started at 8 and at 1230 we were in the car leaving the parking lot,and even had a brief intermission,that was 20 heats and 3 features,well worth the $10 if I am not mistaken,the Sunday show was 15. Must Keep the show rolling.

Down at STS dirt track in Corpus, Owen runs a show like that, if a car spins you have 2 wreckers moving to the car, clean up is very speedy, races starat 8pm and are done at 1030, with I think 4 or 5 classes and a full stands and close to 20 cars per clas, why are the stands full and plenty of cars, promoter fair, consistandt and put on a good show not leaving fans and drivers just sitting around watching or doing nothing.

Archived