San Antonio Speedway Special Sportsman/SS race

Rick Day

Sorry for the Delay Guys

The event will be held the weekend of the ASA South Late Model race on Oct 21, 2006.

Debbie will have the update Oktoberfast rules posted today or tomorrow and these rules will apply for the special on Oct 21.

Thanks again

Rick Day

The rules for the two post-season Sportsman races have just been posted on the San Antonio Speedway website under the Driver's Area tab.

Here's a link to the rules:

Special Post-Season Rules for SAS Sportsman, CCS Super Street Stock and THR Street Stock Cars

These rules will be in effect for October'FAST' and the special Sportsman race on October 21 (see note from Rick above).

not to whine...............but SAS cars get a hundred # add on to run the 500cfm 4412 and their american racer slick ? i'd take a 200# add on if you told me i had that option against a car on treaded tires. some part of 'straight up' must have gotten lost in translation?

not to whine...............but SAS cars get a hundred # add on to run the 500cfm 4412 and their american racer slick ? i'd take a 200# add on if you told me i had that option against a car on treaded tires. some part of 'straight up' must have gotten lost in translation?

Actually, it looks to me like Option 2 would allow SAS cars to run the 500 carb at 3200 pounds with the AR tires. The only difference I see is that Option 2 restricts them to a 3/4" thick carb spacer. Maybe there's a typo, but I'm pretty sure that's what it reads.

thanX bro. that is what it reads..............

'don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind BLOWS'.

thanX

...........self edited.................

wait a 2nd.............by tire rule- are we allowed to pick which tire we want to run?

thanX bro. that is what it reads..............

'don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind BLOWS'.

thanX

...........self edited.................

wait a 2nd.............by tire rule- are we allowed to pick which tire we want to run?

Horse, I read my post again. Sorry. I wasn't trying to restate the obvious. I was trying to point out that I'm thinking there might be a typo in Option 2, because why would any SAS car run Option 1. I was wondering if Option 2 was meant to say "4412 carb is NOT allowed."

Archived