This week's SM Daily Record writeup

Truck99

Big John and Eddie... That makes three of us (that we know of) who sent notes to the San Marcos paper thanking them for the coverage

TQ... I don't know if you are aware of this, but I send an advance to the Austin, CC and SA papers before every TPS race and then send them each a properly formated race story and results after the race. I have done this faithfully before and after every TPS race for the past two years. As far as I know, none of my TPS stuff has been published except that SA does run the agate most of the time. And it's not like I don't know how to submit stuff to the papers. I wrote for the San Antonio Light for almost eight years!

Nick Holt

Nick-

I didn't know what was being sent, though I assumed TPS was getting something out because you are associated with it. I can talk to the folks at the Statesman and see if they have a problem or (as is more likely) they are just clueless.

A couple of your guys were practicing at THR tonight (the black and gray Beetle and the #54 Rabbit). If you know of any who are going to practice before the race next weekend, let me know and maybe we can get something on them. Also, where can I get a list of TPS drivers with bio info?

Jon Sagester is a freelance reporter that has managed to somehow convince the Record to print his weekly race reports. He told us this past weekend that he has been coming to THR since the beginning of this season and has enjoyed the shows. I've also thanked the Record for the coverage, and I hope they decide to keep it going for a while. They went from a 1/2 page article the first week to 3/4 of a page and a photo this week. That's progress!

Good luck to everyone this weekend,

Chase

Archived