Driver of the week, News Clip

SLIDER

I want to start off by thanking Johnny Kellough and Tom Bonner at Bellmead Speedway for inviting me to be driver of the week! It turned out to more than I ever expected!

My 2 best friends of 20 years Scott Tacker and Richard Pickens pulled my race car to the track! My mom, step-dad Thomas, and my not so lil anymore helper Brandon Harrison all showed up early to help get me set up for the night! We were greeted by Johnny, Tom, and 2 reporters from local TV stations KCEN and KWTX! I had no clue the news crews were coming or that the night would turn out so cool!

I backed my car behind the bleachers right by the front gate and set up a table to put my t-shirts, pics, and candy on! With it still early the reporters interviewed me before the crowd started showing up! I dont see how anyone ever gets used to being on TV!

Shortly after the interviews the crowd started to show up! It was really fun autographing the pics for people as they came in! The kids that came in were probably one of the best things of the night! Of course the kids liked the candy but they loved sitting in my car!

I remember when I was young and sat in a race car for the 1st, its something I have never forgot! From the looks of the kids faces that sat in my car, I think its something they will never forget! I hope they grow up and become racers and return the favor to another generation of kids!

Johnny asked if I wanted to carry the American flag around the track during the playing of the National Anthem and I could say yes fast enough! Truly honor and privilege!

On to the racing! I always ask to start on the back because Im still learning and not ready to start up front! I finished where I started in the back in my heat! In the A-Main, I started 19th and saw alot of action! Had at least 3 cars spin across the track in front of me! Also had a car blow its motor and go up in a big fire ball in front of me! Stayed out of trouble, stayed on the lead lap, and finished in the money, 10th!!!

Ill have some pics from Saturday night on my site www.sliderracing.com tomorrow!

Thanks to all my great sponsors that made all of this possible!

Pflugergville Engine

Qwik Chassis

TCI

RCI

Moser

Awesome Race Suits

HardBodies

QSD Graphics

Braka Drilling

Aero Racing Wheels

Town East Ford

Larson Racing

Fast Shafts

Shoenfeld Headers

Performance Bodies

Bell Helmet

Brazos Roofing

Alliance MotorSports

Harris Auto Racing

Here is the link to one of the news clips they filmed at the track Saturday!

http://www.kcentv.com/video/sports/sport_716.wmv

Archived