Busch race

TAMS boy

Brad,

When you were still pooping diapers, Dale Earnhardt SR did the same thing for a few races. They were doing stuff with the ratios in the transmission, and they would just drive away from everyone on restarts. NASCAR soon mandated changes that eliminated their advantage. This was back in the Lumina days.

Something else they did back then involved pit stops. With the gear you pull at Daytona, it was hard to get the car moving again without stalling it, or worse, chattering the tires and breaking a gear or axle. Right before the jack dropped and Dale took off, they would throw kitty litter under the rear tires, helping them to slip a bit as he took off. It took NASCAR about that race to outlaw that one.

glad to see jr back in victory lane..........seems like nascar was hoping to cause a big one with that debri caution.......they go the first part of the race with no caution, then they throw a "debri" caution and right away you have 2 wrecks with around 8 cars in each........then later in the race they have a single car spin and throw a caution right away, and then maybe 4 laps later another single car spin and no caution........not too sure about some the calls they made, but all in all a good race........

Brad,

When you were still pooping diapers, Dale Earnhardt SR did the same thing for a few races.

Tom,as you know in 1990 he led it big then cut the tire goin into 3 on the last lap... I was in diapers then. I was talking more in the last decade at the plate tracks.

Hey diaperboy,

The ones I mentioned were plate races.

But the best thing I ever heard was on one of Schrader's plate engines when he was driving the Hendrick 25. Next time I see ya, I 'll show ya what they did.

Archived